PDA

View Full Version : What moments can flash you back?

Dulcee
06-11-2011, 07:28 AM
We live in a fairly heavily landscaped apartment complex with lots of walking paths and a few in ground pools. With how hot its been I got up early to walk our Husky before the sun started baking away again. While walking I couldn't help but get that de-ja-vu feeling of WDW.

We usually stay at the POR and I'm the early riser in the family. During our summer visits I'm up first to walk down and pick up food from the CS for breakfast for us. This morning's walk where the promise of a hot humid day was there, the birds were chirping but no one else was really up and moving yet, the smell of chlorine from the pool...it all just added up to those disney mornings for me. :cloud9:

So what day to day moments can send you back??

Disney4us2
06-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Using the Mickey bath soap from the resorts. It smells like Disney to me.

Jillirose
06-11-2011, 09:34 AM
My daughter and I were in the car listening to the 40s on 4 (SiriusXM radio) and she said, "These songs remind me of Disney!"

Pop Centurion
06-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Certain smells always give me that Disney De-Ja-Vu feeling.

I also have the Disney Parks 2 CD attraction music. So I'll often lay back & close my eyes with the head phones on & listen. It's so easy to picture yourself on the attraction.

MushuGrl
06-12-2011, 02:34 PM
On nice, warm, sunny weekends, if I'm up early getting ready to travel somewhere, I always get this little flashback of my excitement of packing the car to head to Disney.

I feel that same excitement when stores start putting out summer merch such as flip flops and beach towels (which is weird, considering I haven't been to Disney in the summertime since 2005 - we've gone off season ever since...)

tsantillo
06-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Anytime I'm up and driving before sunrise (very rare), I'm remembering all the wonderful early mornings heading for WDW.:car: It's amazing how easy it is to get up at 5 am to head for the World, knowing we'll be pulling into the parking lot at 8:30.:cloud9: