PDA

View Full Version : Universal Announces 2 new ticket options

Niecyboo
06-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Today Universal had a Webinar to discuss some new ticketing options.
1. Universal had been experimenting with a 1 day 2 park ticket with Free round trip Transportation from a Disney resort, but they made a few changes. Universal is no longer offering the transportation for free, but it is only a few dollars more than the 1 day 2 park ticket (much less than ground transfers). The good news is that they are now offering a 1 day 2 park ticket or a 2 day 2 park ticket with Transportation from a Disney resort as well. The 1 day 2 park ticket with Transportation costs $129.93 per adult and $121.41 per child 3-9. The 2 day 2 park ticket costs $165.06 per adult and $151.22 per child 3-9.

2. Universal also has a new Park to Park VIP ticket. This is similar to the Express Pass, except it includes your Park to Park ticket AND gives you unlimited front of the line access, similarly to what you get for staying at an on-site Universal hotel. The price of this ticket varies by date, and has limited daily availability, like the Express Pass. This ticket does not replace the Express Pass. Both will be available for now.

While I was in the conference, I did ask if Universal was planning on marketing these tickets to the general public. I was told that they were concentrating on marketing packages, and were leaving the ticket options for Travel Agents to share with their clients. This means you may not find this information on the Universal website (although I am sure they will promote the VIP ticket), but if you call Universal and are aware of what you are asking for, you should be able to get what you want. My only concern is that if they are not promoting it in the general public forum, you might get a Universal employee that isn't aware of the different options.

NJGIRL
06-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the update Denise. :thumbsup:

Mfarquar
06-19-2011, 12:11 AM
That's great information! Thanks so much for sharing!

Any idea when these options go into effect? Or have they already started?

I would definitely be interested in these options...