PDA

View Full Version : Which is cheaper? Disney World or Disneyland?

plutosnana
06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi all,
Is WDW more expensive than Disneyland or vice versa?
Thanks

:goofy:

TinkRocks
06-11-2011, 12:33 AM
In terms of merchandise, food / beverages, etc., I think both California & Florida are the same.

However, there are four parks in Florida compared to two in California, so you would be more likely to spend more time / days at WDW than you would at DL / DCA.

Fangorn
06-11-2011, 01:21 PM
This has been a perrenial question for us for years, since we live in Portland, OR, and Anaheim is significantly closer than Orlando., However, it always turns out that WDW is seriously cheaper than Disneyland, even if you don't take into account the additional parks and activities at WDW. I just did a quick check on the Disney website:

Sept 23-30 @ Disneyland
Paradise Pier - $2350
Disneyland Hotel - $3050

Sept 23-30 @ WDW
All-Stars - $1352
CSR - $2050
AKL - $2530

Dining is not included, but tickets are (8 day base at WDW, 6-day hopper at DLR)

For us, even airfare to Orlando is usually cheaper than airfare to LAX (or worse, Orange County), even though it's 3 times further to MCO.

Don't get me wrong, I love Disneyland - I grew up there (see my signature below), but on a pure cost basis, WDW is the better deal.

Steve

BrerGnat
06-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Disney World has better vacation package offers and more discounts available. Disneyland is in "peak" season for most of the year.

Food is more expensive at Disneyland as well. You have to figure about $1-2 over the price of similar items at WDW. Water and soda, (20oz bottles) are $3.50 apiece at DL. Kid's meals at CS locations are mostly $6.99. You get the point.