PDA

View Full Version : we are booked!!! (with questions!)

magicof2
06-10-2011, 08:22 AM
and the countdown begins!

We booked a 5 day trip with our home resort blt in sept and booked a week at boardwalk villas in december!!!!

We got a lake view studio at blt. Are there any rooms that we should request (if that can even be done)

and we got a preferred 1bdrm at boardwalk in december. (would have prefered the standard but they didnt have it available) is there any room that we should request there as well?

I did so much research on blt so i feel like i already know about it but dont know much about boardwalk except it looks beautiful as well!

I am so excited and would love any type of feedback on the two resorts - would we be able to use the pools in dec (or would it be too cold)?

TIA!!!! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Two great places! I would call DVC to ask what your options are for a preferred view. Then you will be able to put in a request for your preference. I like overlooking the Boardwalk area but you may not necessarily get the Boardwalk view as a preferred room so check with them and place a request for your preference.

Boardwalk is really nice during the holidays. The lobby has seating around the fireplace and gorgeous cho/gingerbread decorations. The lobby has a warm feeling. You can easily go across to the Yacht and Beach Club to check out their beautiful holiday decorations as well. You probably already know the variety of dining options in that area.

BLT..what can I say. Probably my favorite DVC and one of my home resorts. You seem to already know much about BLT so unless you have specific questions I won't say much. One thing we always do is take the boat over to WL and go for a walk. They have nice walking paths and the grounds are relaxing.

Sounds like you have 2 great trips planned! :mickey:

FutureCorpsFan
07-01-2011, 12:21 PM
The Boardwalk is great. We stayed there last August after our home resort (BCV) was not available. We like that location because it's centeral to all the other parks and has pretty easy access to Epcot and the Studios. You can't beat the night life and dining there and you don't have to fight for a bus after Epcot part close! The pool is pretty cool too.

Christine
07-01-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't think you can lose with either ressie! They sound wonderful!

im staying in a preferred room at BWV later this month. Apparently this indicates pool or boardwalk view (the DVC chart says "B / P" so maybe you could ask member services to pit down which you prefer?

As for BLT, that's one of my homes Amd I don't think you can get a bad view?! The "worst" ppk usually don't want is the parking lot, but that's also the MK!! :cloud9: the rest is pool or lake or woods which is awesome! My preference would be the higher the better! We had the 11th floor in may and it was great!!