PDA

View Full Version : Pop century vs. Caribbean Beach

ranty
06-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Hello everyone:mickey: My family and I are considering a trip to the world aug30-sept 13 (Mostly to take advantage of the free dining). Believe it or not we are interested in the quick service over the dining plan. Now here is the problem, I would rather stay at the Caribbean However,Disney is not offering the free quick service in moderatte only value. We are travelling with a 3 yr old and a 5 month old and will be spending time on the resort. So if I was to go to a value resort(pop century) how does the room size compare to the Caribbean? Or Should I go to a diff Resort all together? Thanks for your time everyone!!!:)

Ms. Mode
06-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Well, the rooms are a little smaller at POP, but your children are small so it shouldn't make that much difference. You can look at the room layouts and size here on Intercot.

Both resorts are great, POP is less $ has a nice pool and a spray ground that's good for small children (I guess they still have the spray ground) and CB has a great beach and pool and the room is a little bit bigger.

If you go with CB and the meals are free you can take in a couple of character meals or go to a double service spot that's a little finer.

Good luck!

Strmchsr
06-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Having stayed in both recently, the above is correct in that Pop is a little smaller, but not a huge amount. The main area where you notice the size difference is around the sinks. Values have 1 sink. Moderates have 2 sinks and a privacy curtain so there is a much larger "getting ready" area. With the sleeping area, though, the size difference is negligible. The other difference (often nice with young children) is that the moderates come with a fridge where you have to pay a daily rate for one at a value.

Given the age of your kids, and how close to this trip time you are, you might consider doing a room only discount instead of the "free" dining. Then you can stay at the moderate like you want, and eat how you want. "Free" dining will be a good deal when your kids are older, but not as much now, especially if you don't want to do a TS every day. The other factor (time) is that you're so close to the dates that with "free" dining you're going to have a hard time getting into the popular restaurants, if it's possible at all. Most of those would have been booked up a couple of months ago.

CajunDisneyDad
06-10-2011, 10:06 AM
We have stayed at both. They both have their good points. Of the values Pop is definatly the best. It is fairly large and they have the pools and the kid sprinker area (was still there as of last year anyway) Caribbean Beach is quieter, and the room was slightly bigger, but the biggest issue I had with CB was the buses. Depending on what Island you are on, the buses could take a while. I hope this helps

MuchLovedMama
06-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I've stayed at both and actually prefer POP. POP is 260 sq feet of space and CBR is 314 sq feet. It didn't seem like that big of a difference to me. If offered CBR at the same price as POP I'd still take POP any day.

darthmacho
06-10-2011, 06:16 PM
I think the theming is better at Mods, but since your kids are little, why not save the $$ by going Value and getting free dining, and use that to stay longer, or start planning your next trip! :mickey:

I'm betting your little ones will LOVE Pop.