PDA

View Full Version : Favorite shows?

Kairi_7378
06-09-2011, 10:18 PM
DH and I are getting ready to take our 2-year-old son to the World in September. (He will turn 3 on this trip.) During our previous vacations we were park commandos- there at opening, stayed until closing, no breaks other than for 2 ADR's. This trip is going to be VERY different for lots of reasons, least of all because DS is only 35 inches now. So we think we'll be watching more shows than we have in the past (we tended to skip them). Which are your favorites? We like Flights of Wonder but are sure there are other "Don't Miss" shows in the parks.

hauntedmansiongirl
06-10-2011, 03:29 AM
We love lots of shows!

AK- Flights of Wonder, Lion King, Finding Nemo

MK- Country Bear Jamboree, Mickey's Philharmagic, Wishes, MSEP

Epcot- The Canadian and British bands

DHS- American Idol, Indiana Jones, Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid

Have a great time with your little one! And don't forget about the child swap for some of the bigger rides!! :mickey:

K8screen
06-10-2011, 03:59 AM
I havent been for a while, but we loved the Lion King show, except for the audience participation bit at the beginning. I was lucky enough to see the show at DL Hong Kong, where they didnt do that bit, presumably because of all the different languages spoken by the audience, and I loved the show even more. But your little one might love making elephant noises or whatever, so I would give it a go.

LudwigVonDrake
06-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Finding Nemo is awesome!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-10-2011, 07:57 AM
We love Festival of the Lion King, Tough to Be a Bug, Muppets 3D and Mickey's Philharmagic:mickey:

dizneydeb22
06-10-2011, 02:58 PM
MK- Mickey's Philharmagic-we see it a few times while we're there!

HS- Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and when our son was younger-Playhouse Disney

AK- Festival of the Lion King, It's Tough to be a Bug, and Finding Nemo.

Just a warning, I see your little one is on the young side, so It's Tough to Be a Bug might be a little frightening.
Have a great time and let us know what shows he loved!

lynnek
06-10-2011, 07:45 PM
For Tough to be a Bug and Mickey's Philharmagic--don't let your little one wear the
3D glasses! DD2 was fine in both without the glasses and she was 2.5 at the time. Also, with Monsters, Inc, we had to make sure to sit away from Roz--creeps her out, but she loves Mike.

Disney-4-Me
06-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Muppetvision 3-D is great for children and adults. I think that It's Tough to be a Bug is too intense for little kids because it is so loud. I've seen lots of children carried out.

Really any show is entertaining!:thumbsup:

Tink#64
06-10-2011, 11:36 PM
On it's Tough to be a Bug, the first time DS's saw it, my DS 4 loved it as did DS 6, but DS 6 freaked a little when the stink bug turned to spray the audience, he screamed at me "Is it really acid?" PRICELESS! :mickey: Once I assured him it was not, he was fine! lol

Muppets, Mickey's Philharmagic, Nemo Muscial, Festival of the Lion King, Carousel of Progress, Indiana Jones, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, & Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage, my DS's love them all!

Our first trip we did the all day commando thing too! :blush: Left exhausted, now we always take that break, a little A/C in the room, a dip in the pool, makes all the difference in the world. We all live & learn, but the memories are magical! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
06-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences! We kept missing the Nemo show last time so that is on our "must do's" for this trip.

It is funny... during our last trip we went to see Philharmagic and I was sitting next to a little boy, maybe 5 years old. During one of the effect sequences, he jumped into my lap because he was so startled! It was very cute.

Tink#64
06-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Kairi, I wonder who was more startled, the litle boy or you? lol Now that's a magical memory! :mickey: