PDA

View Full Version : Just Back From Universal IOA

DVC2004
06-09-2011, 12:06 PM
We visited IOA yesterday. Just some info if anyone is going soon:

Wizarding World of HP- 90 min wait in the am, 45 minute wait after noon and the line moved quickly. Skip this in the morning! The entire area though is still very crowded.

On the topic of Butterbeer: We loved the frozen! We drank ours so fast it didn't have time to melt. We got it twice, first at teh bar in the restaurant and second from the cart. I think the secret's out about the bar because the wait was very long though the line was short. 30 minutes! Next time we went to the cart and the line was very long but the wait was not, abot 10 minutes. They were quicker at the cart for some reason.

Very long waits (60 minutes but longer time spent in line due to breakdowns) for Hulk and Spiderman. Hulk broke down twice when we waited 2 sep. times. Finally they gave use a pass to go back to it (but only after we complained at guest relations- they didn't inform anyone what was going on with the breakdown, and it was extremely hot and un-airconditioned in the queue area). Dragon Challenge waits not bad, 15 minutes wait time usually. Jurrassic Park long waits in the AM but seemed to get better in the afternoon.

We opted not to purchase the $49 express pass but it was busy- next time we will stay at Royal Pacific one night for the priveledge. Honestly with all the breakdowns that occurred you almost need it. We wasted alot of time in line.

Citywalk was closed until 11 pm for 2 nights so we didn't get to go to the restaurant we planned ( Latin Quarter). We did eat at Emeril's which was good. They were having some private event at Citywalk.

2Epcot
06-09-2011, 12:24 PM
I won't be going anytime soon, but I'd probably pay the extra for the express pass, even though I hate giving them more money. On my last visit to Universal here in Hollywood I was able to get complementary VIP line passes, and loved them. With the lines and heat in Florida, it would probably be worth the extra expense.

BigRedDad
06-09-2011, 12:29 PM
We leave next week. We are staying on site. I hope that makes a bit of a difference for the waits. Most attractions have Express Pass. WWOHP is not a must see for this trip. I would love to be able to go, but not going to wait an hour for anything.

DVC2004
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
We leave next week. We are staying on site. I hope that makes a bit of a difference for the waits. Most attractions have Express Pass. WWOHP is not a must see for this trip. I would love to be able to go, but not going to wait an hour for anything.

It will make a difference. You'll still have to wait but not as long. I think when we used the free passes the guy gave us for the issues on Hulk it was about 20 minutes still...but not an hour! Yes most attractions take it- not WWOHP of course but mostly every other main attraction. Seems like the rides break down alot there...we will not go back without the express pass or onsite priveledge in the future.

Loves the Mouse
06-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the report. Sorry about what you went threw. We're going to Universal right after Christmas. Since we know it's going to be busy we opted to stay two nights at the Royal Pacific. Hope we are able to do some rides !!!! Can't wait to try the butterbeer. I'm sure it was refreshing in this summer heat !!!:tasty:

cajunprincess
06-09-2011, 03:41 PM
We were at IOA on the 26th of May and it was very hot! It was my first time there, and the only way for me to describe it is "UN-Disney" I will visit again, but not anytime soon! I went to see Harry Potter of course, and the ride did not disappoint. I only wish that the shops were bigger. I felt like 1000 people were crowded into a space only fit for 50. All in all, a great place to visit.