PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Mama Melrose

Itchy
06-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I have ADR's for Mama Melrose this Sept. We have never eatten there. Do you have any input on how good it is, or isn't.

wildernesslady
06-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I haven't been there in awhile, but have always enjoyed it there. It's on our list for an upcoming trip. Enjoy.

Pop Centurion
06-08-2011, 09:30 PM
When we ate there in '99 & didn't like it at all but we gave it another chance last year & enjoyed it. I've also heard of others having different experiences each time they went. But I have noticed that it has gotten better reviews in the past couple years.

Last year I had the Seafood Fra Diavolo (which isn't on the current menu) & my wife had the Chicken Parm. Both were pretty good.

Briansmom
06-08-2011, 10:05 PM
We have had really good experiences at Mama Melrose both times we have been and plan on returning. Yummy, especially if you can get the Fantasmic Dinner Package!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-09-2011, 09:36 AM
We went in 2005 and weren't impressed but we are giving it a shot this December for Fantasmic...kind of excited about good reviews lately

Dulcee
06-09-2011, 09:47 AM
We usually go to Mama's for the fantasmic package.

We always enjoy our meal. Its nothing to write home about, a step above Olive Garden in Italian food, but its consistently a good meal in our opinion.

whitney37354
06-09-2011, 11:21 AM
It was good. Kinda like Olive Garden IMO.

NewDVCowner
06-09-2011, 11:45 AM
I went with a group of seven people last December and none of us really enjoyed the meal. The people that had the best things to say went with the servers recomendations, however on our seven day trip all of us agree it was the least favorite of the places we ate at.

Disney4
06-09-2011, 12:43 PM
It was good. Kinda like Olive Garden IMO.

This is a pretty accurate comparison - much smaller menu though. We usually eat there for lunch. They have surprisingly good calamari and very firendly wait staff. The pasta is decent. The portions seem very large to me.

We like that fact that we never seem to need an ADR for luch there. That makes it a good alternative to the burgers or turkey leg.

DVC2004
06-09-2011, 01:23 PM
We've eaten here for lunch a couple times, not in the last year though. We always liked our meals there. I had some pasta with wood grilled shrimp that was very good. Definitely prefer it to Sci-Fi !

Djscherr
06-09-2011, 03:29 PM
I was there in January of 10 and absolutely enjoyed it. I don't see what I had on the current menu, but it was a mushroom and cheese stuffed ravioli that was absolutely delicious.

hauntedmansiongirl
06-10-2011, 04:09 AM
We had a great meal here on Valentine's Day this year. 3 of us had chicken parm and one had the shrimp pasta. All of us loved our dinners. My DH said that it was his favourite meal of the whole trip (and believe me, that is really saying something!). :mickey:

crltkcagle
06-10-2011, 11:29 AM
We love it! We tried it last year and the food was so good I asked for some of the recipes. They gave me several different recipes and we have tried them all! This has become a must do for us!