PDA

View Full Version : Buses from disney universal

Itchy
06-08-2011, 06:58 PM
I know there are other posts related to this topic but her goes.

I have seen that if you need transportation from your resort at WDW you must pay for the service via bus or otherwise.

Well here is my question. My daughter was told that on her Sept trip that they will be able to call ( Mears I think ) a bus and they will pick them up and take them to and from Universal for free.

Thanks for any input..:mickey:

NJGIRL
06-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Well here is my question. My daughter was told that on her Sept trip that they will be able to call ( Mears I think ) a bus and they will pick them up and take them to and from Universal for free.

Is she there with a group? Is it already built into her trip cost? I'm missing what your question is. Please give a little more info so that we can help.

Itchy
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Sorry, She is there with her hubby and they are flying in from St Louis. There is no group. They will will be using ME from MCO to her resort.

She is under the impression that they can just call for a bus to take them to Universal Studio's.

When I was at WDW the first of May I did not see any busses that had placards showing Universal. I hope she wont be disappointed.

Thanks for any advise....

Melanie
06-08-2011, 08:52 PM
No, nothing free from Disney to Universal. There is a cost associated whether it be bus or taxi. I believe Lynx is an inexpensive alternative from Downtown Disney.

Itchy
06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks..That is what I was reading. Our agent from MJ may have told her something that she misunderstood.

That is a long ride for free.

Thanks again....

Niecyboo
06-08-2011, 10:23 PM
There is a very little known type of ticket Universal has released within the last year. They have a "One Day Park to Park ticket with Free Transportation." Many of the WDW resorts are included in this transportation so it is possible to get free transportation from Disney to Universal. There are several conditions, though. It is only available as a 1 day 2 park ticket. So if you plan on visiting more than 1 day, there are cheaper options. Also, you can't just purchase a 1 day 2 park ticket and get free transportation. You have to ask for this specifically and have to give them a specific date to use it. You cannot purchase any other ticket, or purchase your ticket and choose your date later. Also, it is really hard to find any information on this type of ticket and sometimes even Universal employees don't know about it. You need to make sure they know what they are talking about and are giving you the right type of ticket.

Niecyboo
06-10-2011, 10:52 PM
As luck would have it, Universal had a Webinar today to talk about some new ticket options (which I will be posting about in a new thread). I will say that they are no longer calling it a "1 day 2 park ticket with FREE transportation" and the ticket is now slightly more than the 1 day 2 park ticket without transportation, but still much cheaper than booking transportation separately.

During the Webinar, I decided to ask why this type of ticket was not promoted to the general public, and whether it would be in the future. The Universal rep said that they are concentrating on promoting packages to the general public and are letting Travel Agents assist with different ticketing options. While anyone can purchase these tickets by calling Universal, if they know what to ask for, they may not show up on the Universal website. The person I spoke with dealt mainly with Travel Agents, so this could change if the PR department chooses.

motherof4
06-13-2011, 11:25 AM
when we went to universal a few years ago we stayed at all star movies we hired mears and they charged us 90 dollars for one way and we were 6 people.