PDA

View Full Version : Tables in wonderland advice

mdricks
06-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I noted in info central all the locations that take the TIW card but I still need help on how it works.

We take a boys only golf outing during Food And Wine festival every year. Needless to say the bill at the end of the weekend is mmmmm big. :blush:

If you are at a participating location (say rose and crown or tune in lounge) can you use the card to sit at the bar and get your :marg: on?

From a food standpoint the card is probably going to be worth it for us (we routinely hit the $500 mark at dinner) but the icing on the cake would be %20 off the rather impressive bar tabs we rack up as well.

Second Q: does it apply to the food carts during food and wine?

thanks for your help!!
M

:number1:

KylesMom
06-08-2011, 01:58 PM
I can answer your first question - yes, you can utilize your TiW card at the bar at Rose & Crown, Tune-In Lounge @ 50's, Tambu Lounge at the Poly, Territory Lounge at WL, etcetera. The card really helps defray costs, especially when there's cocktails involved at the participating dining establishments!

Sadly, we've never been to F&W Festival, so hopefully someone will be along soon to answer your question regarding the kiosks. :mickey:

big blue and hairy
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Yes to the bars :thumbsup:, no to the F & W food booths:(

:sulley:

Melanie
06-08-2011, 03:48 PM
I can answer your first question - yes, you can utilize your TiW card at the bar at Rose & Crown, Tune-In Lounge @ 50's, Tambu Lounge at the Poly, Territory Lounge at WL, etcetera. The card really helps defray costs, especially when there's cocktails involved at the participating dining establishments!

Such a plus! We use ours all the time at the resort lounges and at Rose & Crown. :beer::marg:

And a big "I WISH!" they took it for Food & Wine. That would be awesome.

big blue and hairy
06-08-2011, 03:51 PM
And a big "I WISH!" they took it for Food & Wine. That would be awesome.I'm with ya...:(

:sulley:

faline
06-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Another thing to keep in mind - be careful the name you put on the card. Last year, I made sure the card was in my name as I knew I would be taking a trip to Disney World without my husband and I wanted to be sure I could use it without buying another one.

Also - keep in mind - at every place that accepts the Tables in Wonderland card - an automatic 18% gratuity is added to your bill - just so you don't double tip and negate the usefulness of the card!

Melanie
06-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Also - keep in mind - at every place that accepts the Tables in Wonderland card - an automatic 18% gratuity is added to your bill

The few places this isn't the case are Pizzafari and Flame Tree at Animal Kingdom. These are the few counter service that accept the card and don't tack on the gratuity. I love being over in AK, ordering a Safari Amber and getting a straight up 20% off. :thumbsup:

mdricks
06-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Outstanding!!! This would have saved us hundreds over the years. A shame about food and wine.

Thanks for everyone's assitance!
M
:number1:

Mickey'sGirl
06-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Just stating what readers may or may not know .... Tables in Wonderland is only available to Annual Passholders and Florida Residents. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Melanie
06-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Just stating what readers may or may not know .... Tables in Wonderland is only available to Annual Passholders and Florida Residents. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

This is correct Jen. :thumbsup: