PDA

View Full Version : Tron Ride?

dntccc
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know if Disney is seriously considering making some type of Tron ride? With the recent release of Tron Legacy and the renewed interest in Tron, I have seen different sites that talk about this. However, I have not read any hard information that Disney is seriously considering doing this. I think it is a great idea and hope that Disney does do this. I think an attraction like this could have a lot of potential.

MickeysBestPal
06-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know if Disney is seriously considering making some type of Tron ride? With the recent release of Tron Legacy and the renewed interest in Tron, I have seen different sites that talk about this. However, I have not read any hard information that Disney is seriously considering doing this. I think it is a great idea and hope that Disney does do this. I think an attraction like this could have a lot of potential.

Nothing has been announced.

Highly unlikely.

BrerGnat
06-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Was Tron Legacy the smashing hit Disney hoped it would be? I honestly don't know, and I'm asking. With the exception of the popularity of ElecTRONica at DCA, it seems to me that there isn't enough sustained interest in this franchise to justify a theme park ride.

Fangorn
06-07-2011, 07:44 PM
it seems to me that there isn't enough sustained interest in this franchise to justify a theme park ride.

Yet we already have a major ride based on a movie few on this side of the Pond under the age of 50 have ever seen. :) So while I doubt we'll see an Tron-based attraction, I'm not sure there's any real correlation between movie interest and the theming for a ride.

Steve

Gator
06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
it seems to me that there isn't enough sustained interest in this franchise to justify a theme park ride.

How about Honey I Shrunk the Kids? Don't know for sure, but Tron probably has done better. And what's more, a Tron attraction will "attract" fans of the movie to the parks. It may not appeal to everyone, but everyone will ride it. Just like Twilight Zone doesn't appeal to everyone, everyone still rides it.

Go Tron!