PDA

View Full Version : Tapestry of Nations

wildernesslady
06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm listening to my ipod and that soundtrack was just on. Anyone else miss it? It was a great prelude to Illuminations. I would love to see that come back someday.

DNS
06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm hear you! I loved it. We actually liked it better than illuminations.

buzznwoodysmom
06-07-2011, 12:19 PM
We loved it too! It was probably our favorite parade in all the parks. It was horrible for crowd control, though. Not nearly enough room in WS for a parade, but I wish there was a good location for this parade to be brought back. Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever happen.

Basket Mommy
06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Yes. The last time I saw it was 2002. We were telling our kids about it on the last trip and they were really interested. I loved ToN!

tyandskyesmom
06-07-2011, 01:14 PM
It was our favorite parade too! We do miss it...

big blue and hairy
06-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I really enjoyed Tapestry of Nations, when they changed it to Tapestry of Dreams I thought they ruined it. Either way though, I understand them dropping it. That poor parade got cancelled so often for wind it was crazy...

:sulley:

Auntie B
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
It was a really awesome parade. The music really takes me back to the first time we took our kids to the World!

Goofeygal
06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
It was my favorite parade as well. I really wish they would bring it back. I don't understand why they did away with it.

darthmacho
06-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I thought it was great too. It was a nice part of our 1999 trip. I'm glad I got to see it before they stopped doing it. :mickey:

BrerGnat
06-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I also loved Tapestry of Nations. More than the actual parade, I loved the music! I wish they would just play that around WS at night instead of the high energy electronica they play now...

DizneyRox
06-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't understand why they did away with it.
Epcot doesn't do parades well. They tried as hard as they could to handle the traffic. ToN went through at least three different versions during it's stay, none of them worked well for traffic.

I'm shocked it was around as long as it was quite frankly.

It's probably THE best parade Disney has put on though. Next in line would be Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade.

Tapestry of Dreams is far far far down the list...

ransam
06-07-2011, 07:04 PM
i thought it was really cool... the downside is that it basically closed the country side of Disney for 20 minutes before the parade as well as teh parade.

Polynesian Dweller
06-07-2011, 07:13 PM
First let me say that Tapestry of Nations was fabulous. But ToN had 3 major problems that I've heard if.

First, as DizneyRox has said, a parade at Epcot is a crowd nightmare. When ToN was showing it was a traffic jam and people with ADRs at restaurants beyond Mexico on one side and Canada on the other had major problems getting to the restaurants on time. No real way to fix the crowd problems.

Second, the large puppets became unmanageable in moderate winds. This meant that the parade could easily be cancelled.

Finally, was the cost and upkeep. Those same puppets were fragile and had to be frequently repaired and with the materials, that wasn't cheap.

Ian
06-07-2011, 07:31 PM
We just loved ToN and miss it terribly even to this day. There was nothing quite like sitting down with an adult beverage in hand, watching ToN pass by, and then taking in Reflections of Earth. Those were the days, man.

And just FYI they do still play the music in Epcot from time to time. I've heard it more than once near the entrance.

Fangorn
06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
And just FYI they do still play the music in Epcot from time to time. I've heard it more than once near the entrance.

If you hang around World Showcase after Illuminations, the ToN loop normally starts about 20 minutes later. We typically hang out around Mexico while the crowd clears significantly, and then enjoy the ToN loop as we're leaving the park.

Steve

Melanie
06-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Ah yes, something Epcot did right in the evenings. :D Loved it, have such fond memories of my now 13 yo and how much he loved this parade. Great memories!

KatrinaJ91
06-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I also loved Tapestry of Nations. More than the actual parade, I loved the music! I wish they would just play that around WS at night instead of the high energy electronica they play now...

That's a wonderful idea!! We got to see it once and we loved it!

Niecyboo
06-07-2011, 09:35 PM
This parade has such special memories. After several years away from Disney myself, I took my husband and 2 daughters for what was their first time. We got to the resort pretty late, but this was in the old "length of stay" ticket days so we decided to go on in and eat dinner in Epcot. We sat down outside the Tangerine Cafe just in time to watch the entire parade go by. So this was literally the first thing my family saw of Disney. My DH and oldest DD still remember it, but my younger DD was still a toddler at the time.

Disney-4-Me
06-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I loved it too!:cloud9: The music can take you away!

MNNHFLTX
06-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I also loved Tapestry of Nations. More than the actual parade, I loved the music! I wish they would just play that around WS at night instead of the high energy electronica they play now...Totally agree, Natalie. That would be neat!

Polynesian Dweller
06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I loved it too!:cloud9: The music can take you away!

We bought the cd with the music at the time and still play it. It's among the best Disney has done.

BWayGrl
06-09-2011, 10:26 AM
I also miss this parade! There was something so magical about it. I first saw it during the Millennium Celebration, and it just felt like something big! Love the music. Still listen to the soundtrack now and then :mickey:

Daisy'sMom
06-09-2011, 03:34 PM
We loved this parade and are still sorry Disney ended it. It was a highlight for us when we were at Epcot.
Now the music won't stop playing in my head!!:mickey:

MyDisneyworld
06-12-2011, 06:30 PM
We also loved that parade. When the flaming torches would start up with the music before the parade it was so nice and relaxing. We would sit over by japan and hang out it was the best. I wish our kids could have enjoyed it.........
Please bring it back...

Aurora
06-14-2011, 12:57 PM

Totally agree, Natalie. That would be neat!

See other posts above -- they do play the music around the WS a bit after Illuminations. Wait til the crowds pour out and just hang back for awhile and you'll hear it. We just did that last Thursday. It was a nice surprise for us!

RAIDER
06-15-2011, 03:12 AM
Yes i was lucky enough to have seen it and i have the cd of the music to which i play from time to time .... It would lovely if it made a comeback again :thumbsup:

mgmnut
06-15-2011, 08:00 AM
I have great memories of this parade and also miss it. I remember watching with my daughter (now 13) on my shoulders and the puppeteers would come over and interact with her. She loved it so much, it just made my heart melt.

barbiegirl314
06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I absolutely loved Tapestry of Nations!!! Still listen to the music from it and can picture the parade in my head while listening to it

Terra
06-17-2011, 09:42 PM
I loved it as well. I still listen to my Millennium celebration CD over and over. Brings back great memories of when I first started going to EPCOT with friends and having a Mexico margarita while watching ;)

Sylvia
06-17-2011, 11:10 PM
On many nights, we'd time our CS dinner to coincide with the parade. We'd get a table outside the Liberty Inn, with a view of the promenade area. Just another happy memory of days at EPCOT.

And, I'm another one who has the CD of the music, which I play often.

ElenitaB
06-18-2011, 05:16 PM
I loved Tapestry in every single one of its incarnations. The music has never left my iPod. :cloud9:

donnine
06-20-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm listening to my ipod and that soundtrack was just on. Anyone else miss it? It was a great prelude to Illuminations. I would love to see that come back someday.

I also think it was one of the best parades ever, mostly because of the incredible soundtrack. I still love listening to the music. I would love for them to bring it back!!!:number1:

Martino
06-21-2011, 08:58 AM
I too, loved this parade in its entirety, and made a great end to the day with illuminations after it.

I would love to see it again, sadly I don't think I will!:(

Thankfully, bought the CD so still enjoy playing the music and watching it on the video footage I took on a previous trip.

9 weeks today and counting! YAY :yay:

Tink1
06-21-2011, 10:10 AM
TON was my favorite as well. LOVE the music. In fact, it is my ringtone!

Nanc