PDA

View Full Version : Castle's Goodnight Kiss?

Disney-4-Me
06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
I just read somewhere else about Cinderella's Castle giving a goodnight kiss about a half hour after park closing time. No details were given, just that statement.

I've been around the castle after closing more times than I can count, usually with a camera taking pictures like a crazy woman, and never noticed anything I would consider a "kiss". Any ideas about what this is?

Stu29573
06-07-2011, 11:58 AM
The castle "changes colors" and has special music. I've seen it a few times....

EJS-Houston
06-07-2011, 06:07 PM
The castle "changes colors" and has special music. I've seen it a few times....

So THAT's what that was! I saw it when I was there last, 2 years ago. How cool! Thanks for the clarification.

Disney-4-Me
06-08-2011, 12:58 PM
:photo: I've stood on Main Street many times taking photos of the castle in every color while listening to the music and enjoying the ambience of the Magic Kingdom at the close of a busy day, but I've never thought of that as a goodnight kiss.:confused:

Thanks for clearing that up! I thought I was missing something and I was there all along...:blush:

MyDisneyworld
06-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Couple times I have watched it there have only been around a dozen or so people so it's very relaxing. Everyone else is rushing to leave but we just stick around and enjoy. The photo guys are normally still around so you can get great pictures of your family in front of the castle.

Pop Centurion
06-12-2011, 09:17 PM
It's another one of those nice Disney touches. It's nice sitting there when it's peaceful & empty while listening to Roy's dedication speech along with the music & light show.

IloveDisney71
06-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Doesn't it include randomly sparkling lights :pixie:popping up all over the castle at different times during the "kiss goodnight" or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Disney-4-Me
06-15-2011, 11:41 AM
As people are leaving, we slow down and enjoy. It's the most magical time at the Magic Kingdom. There used to be twinkling lights in all of the trees too. I'll find out in August if they are all still there!:D

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-15-2011, 12:22 PM
We "happened" upon this a couple of trips ago ... we just ended up staying for a while in MK and it was a very touching way to end the day.

Stick around and see it ... at least once :)