PDA

View Full Version : NYC- MET museum of art and a 2pmshow?

Katzateer
06-07-2011, 10:32 AM
My youngest and I arrive at Penn Station on Amtrak at 10am on a Wed. In July. We have tickets for Wicked at 2pm. :cloud9::thumbsup:

She wants to go to the art museum before the show. looks like it is on the other side of Central Park. Would it be worth it at $20 each to go for a couple of hours? Can you just pay less since they strongly recommend the $20 fee to the art museum?

Or should we go somewhere else? Is there an art museum at Rockefeller center? I thought I saw one by the ice rink??

Thanks for any suggestions.

BowTie7
06-17-2011, 07:12 PM
The Met Art Museum is huge, you can really spend a full day. You would probably only have time to run around the museum trying to find a couple of major works; its also quite a way from Penn station. Since you probably will also need to eat before the show, I doubt you will have time to do the Art Museum. If you haven't been to Times Square repeatedly, you probably can fill the time just looking around. Enjoy Wicked. (Also, I believe that the Met admission is suggested, so you could give them any amount and still be admitted, but I have no idea if that would come with Attitude.)