PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the Hardest Disney Question Ever

figmagination
06-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Possibly one of the hardest WDW questions ever, what park is your favorite? Lately, my family has been asking each other what their favorite park is, and mine is DHS. I love the feel of the park and the rides are so fun. They have both thrill and dark rides. Based on your favorite attractions, the layout of the park, it's theme, where you have the most fun, and where you'd go the most, what is your favorite park?

mickey_M_lvr
06-06-2011, 03:40 PM
I love EPCOT! I love seeing Figment and Nemo. My son loved the Kim Possible adventure. And to see all the different countries. We also love eating in a different country every night. We always learn something new!

All in all...I love the whole WDW. :thumbsup:

DNS
06-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I will have to say Animal Kingdom. Not so long ago I would have said Epcot, but the more time I spend at AK, the more I love it.

SBETigg
06-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Epcot. It used to be the Magic Kingdom, and if I had to choose one to last forever, the MK would probably still win. But I have really enjoyed Epcot more and more over the years and now I could spend almost the whole vacation just in World Showcase, love it so much. The AK and DHS are not far off, though-- love them all.

dizneydeb22
06-06-2011, 04:14 PM
My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom. I enjoy all the other parks, put I don't feel like I'm in WDW until I walk down Main St. and smell all the different smells and hear all the familiar sounds! EPCOT would be a close second!:mickey:

Dulcee
06-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Epcot

I don't what it is but its always been my favorite, even as a kid. I love walking from country to country. I love the restaurants and spaceship earth. It might be tied to remembering walking out of Epcot with my parents as a kid late at night when it felt like we were the last people in the park.

AgentC
06-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I might have to cheat. ;)

Magic Kingdom is always going to be the park of my heart. It was the first park (and the only FL park that existed) when I first visited as a child. To me Magic Kingdom and the Cinderella Castle will always be Disney.

However as a family, we enjoy Epcot the most. DS (5) is not great on dark or fast rides, so it limits us at MK. At Epcot, DS loves The Great Piggy Bank Adventure and Kim Possible. DD(3) really isn't very picky and DH loves the food and the rides and other things :beer: And when there is time I can shop!

:D

retiredfigment
06-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Has to be EPCOT. I love the feeling of being able to travel to other countries. I love to shop at the stores, eat the food and talk to the cast members. And everytime I go, it changes. Then the Food and Wine festival and Garden Festival......

joonyer
06-06-2011, 04:21 PM
MK is still my favorite, but I like them all.

jmj18
06-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Epcot...

Even my kids 10 and 7 like it best...

tadshome
06-06-2011, 05:01 PM
EPCOT... I love everything about it and would love to live closer just so that i could go there more :cloud9:

AllDisney
06-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Our family favorite is Epcot:thumbsup:

We love the chance to visit the countries and enjoy the food that each has to offer. We enjoy all the rides, but miss the original Figment. Soarin' is amazing.

There is this amazing aroma the fills your nostrils when you enter Land building. Can't figure out what it is exactly but I know I am in the Land as soon as the doors open & that aroma hits me:cloud9:

ryca1dreams
06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Epcot is still my favorite. I use to like the Future World part most, but now I think I like the World Showcase better.

WDW24
06-06-2011, 06:40 PM
DHS. I love the rides, the atmosphere, and the food (Prime Time). Although the feeling of Epcot rivals with HS, I still have to pick Hollywood Studios. How can you compete with Tower of Terror, Rockn' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania, AND Star Tours?! Not to mention the location in reference to the Epcot resorts.

crltkcagle
06-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Magic Kingdom!!!

Ian
06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
This is the hardest question ever, because I can just never decide whether it's MK or Epcot.

I love them both for such very different reasons that I struggle mightily to pick one.

Since I have to, though, I'll go with MK ... at the end of the day, I think the original is still the best. In fact, I really find that I rank the parks in the order they were built from oldest to newest ... MK is my fave, followed by Epcot, the Studios, and AK bringing up a distant 4th.

Disney-4-Me
06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Magic Kingdom is #1!:mickey:

KatrinaJ91
06-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Epcot. It used to be the Magic Kingdom, and if I had to choose one to last forever, the MK would probably still win. But I have really enjoyed Epcot more and more over the years and now I could spend almost the whole vacation just in World Showcase, love it so much. The AK and DHS are not far off, though-- love them all.

My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom. I enjoy all the other parks, put I don't feel like I'm in WDW until I walk down Main St. and smell all the different smells and hear all the familiar sounds! EPCOT would be a close second!:mickey:

I agree with both of you!! These 2 parks are the best...if we could only pick 2 to go to on a trip, there would be no discussion! BUT, if we had to pick just one to go to....it is tough. We were passing through Orlando last summer and decided to stay the the night and go to a park. We picked Epcot because it was just me and my hubby and we just wanted a relaxing day to walk around the countries and have a more romantic trip! MK always comes to mind first though when talking about WDW.

figmagination
06-06-2011, 11:03 PM
It's hard to say, but sadly MK is my second favorite. Very close though! This trip might change that! :D I love all the classic Disney stuff at MK that the other parks don't have, such as the animated films. I love all of the classic Disney films. But don't we all?! :mickey:

darthmacho
06-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Actually it's very easy for me. The Magic Kingdom is the very definition of WDW. The other parks are great, AK has my two favorite rides, Epcot has World Showcase, and DHS is catching up with some great new additions, but MK simply has the most attractions to offer. Splash Mountain, PoC, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I always start and end my trip with visits to the Magic Kingdom. :mickey:

figmagination
06-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I always start and end my trip with visits to the Magic Kingdom. :mickey:

That's how we've done it every year! :D Just not Disney without MK

kemps@wdw
06-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Hmmmm...:scratch: excellent question. I think our fave has changed several times over the years. When we first went, there was only MK, and we thought that was the bomb. Then came Epcot, but not a lot of excitement goin on there. DHS (Disney MGM) soon reached the top of our list wth RRC and TOT. Then AK...although a slower pace, still interesting, especially now with EE. And when DD came along, back to MK. Now that she (and we) are older, our preferred park is now Epcot. It has it all for us, Thrill rides, slower attractions, and we absolutely love strolling the countries in the late afternoon/evening, taking in all the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes that traveling "around the World" has to offer. :cloud9:

Tink#64
06-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Figmagination's DM sounding in! lol Yes every trip begins & end with MK, I can't imagine otherwise, but I'd have a hard time deciding if MK or Epcot was my fav! We always visit MK & Epcot each at least twice each trip. I love both parks for very different reasons, MK - it's fun to be a kid again & get caught up in the magic of it all! Epcot - wow, it's just so beautiful and a land of imagination & wonder! The WS is my fav part of Epcot, just awesome to take a journey around the world with your loved ones and end the day with RoE! Priceless! :cloud9:

MrPeetrie
06-07-2011, 06:27 AM
My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom. I enjoy all the other parks, put I don't feel like I'm in WDW until I walk down Main St....

Well said, dcody22. A couple of trips ago, I made the scheduling SNAFU of not going to Magic Kingdom until our third full day at WDW. Big mistake. When we stepped onto Main St., my wife turned to me and said, "I feel like we finally arrived."

No more bad scheduling for us. Magic Kingdom on first full day on property. It makes the trip seem longer.

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Second Favorite: Animal Kingdom

biodtl
06-07-2011, 08:17 AM
I love all the parks, but I'd have to go with Magic Kingdom. To me - it is just the quintessential WDW. If I could only go to WDW for one day and visit one park, it would always be MK - I can't imagine a trip without it, so I think that would qualify it as my favorite.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Although Epcot would be a very close second, I believe it has to be Magic Kingdom for me...its what Disney is all about....

Here's mine in order
1. MK
2. Epcot
3. AK
4. DHS

JasonH
06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Hard for me to answer?? No way!! MK is my tops! :mickey:

c&d
06-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Magic Kingdom, would it really be Disney without it. I love the rides, the walk down main street, the smells and yes the crowds on Main Street stopping and creating mini traffic jams while looking at the castle. A close second is Animal Kingdom.

Mackflava99
06-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Over the past 3 years we have started a new tradition (based on an idea from Mouseketeer Mom) and each of us in the family gets one day to select a park to visit, lunch and dinner places, and the touring plan for the day.

Epcot has been the first selected every year.
Maybe because of Le Cellier, maybe because of Soarin, or the snacks in the countries, but it has been the choice.

My family as a group likes Epcot. Each have our individual favorite, but we always seem to agree , if we go for an odd number of days, Epcot gets the extra visit.

BUT I prefer DHS , and i usually pick that for my day.

goofy-4-disney
06-07-2011, 04:57 PM
If I had to answer this question several years ago my answer would be different, but right now if I had to choose 1 park to visit...without hesitation it would be EPCOT. I love world showcase and all of the opportunities you have to experience cultures from around the world through their food, drinks and shops. It's my favorite part of WDW hands down. Throw in Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Mission: Space to top it off.

Bellerella
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Wow, which one is my favorite? A couple years ago it was EPCOT hands down. But now, it is tied with AK. I love EPCOT for the World Showcase and for the food. I love AK for the jungle feel. You can peruse both parks at a relaxed pace, whether you are strolling down the streets between different countries of the world, or taking a leisurely stroll through the Jungle Trek. MK still holds the most Disney magic though. I guess rides are just not my favorite part. I suppose to choose only one, I will choose EPCOT. :mickey:
1) EPCOT
2) AK
3) MK
4) Downtown Disney
5) DHS (just not a fan...)

EJS-Houston
06-07-2011, 06:06 PM
That really is a very difficult question, and a choice I'm glad I don't have to really make. But if you held a gun to my head, I'd probably have to go with Disney Hollywood Studios.

wdwfansince75
06-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Even after all these years and visits, there is still something special about those first steps up Main Street. We start (and usually end) each visit at MK, and each time, someone in the family says, "We're home!" Wonder who it will be in July!

steamboat willy
06-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Mine will Always be the Magic Kingdom, :balloon: Not for the rides, but for the MAGIC!

theplys
06-08-2011, 01:18 PM
OK, lets be honest. Those of us who are seeing a few gray hairs love Epcot because we can sample cocktails as we walk around the worlds. :marg:

Mitzie
06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
For me it would be Epcot. My parents took me there in 82' when it opened and it has been my favorite theme park any where. Love the countries and the buildings. For my DH it would be AK. He went for the first time 4 years ago and loves it.

BandMan
06-09-2011, 11:31 AM
OK, lets be honest. Those of us who are seeing a few gray hairs love Epcot because we can sample cocktails as we walk around the worlds. :marg:

Well, actually, I have my share of gray hairs, (turned 49 this week), I love EPCOT and I don't drink alcohol at all.

I love the architecture, food, shows, shops, and a host of other things. It doesn't bother me if others enjoy an "adult beverage" (HATE that term), but it REALLY bothers me when people don't know their limits. Fortunately, these seem to be a small minority in WDW.

MushuGrl
06-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I preach loud and proud MK. I love MK. First day is always MK. Usually when we start out at another park, we end the day at MK. Last day is MK. The only EMH we'll do is MK. MMMMMMMMKKKKKKKKK.

But lately when I think about what I miss the most about WDW, what gets the butterflies a fluttering is thinking about walking into...EPCOT.

And I blame those dang mango green tea slushes I discovered last trip.

Figment104
06-09-2011, 12:20 PM
For me it would have to be MK with EPCOT as a close second. I know though that if I only had the option of going to one park it would have to be MK. We always start our trips off there, even if we only have a few hours we hit up MK, and when ever possible we end them there as well. Occasionally we'll end with EPCOT but usually becuase we want one more :marg: before we fly home!

2Epcot
06-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Not hard at all .... EPCOT. Always has been, always will since my first trip to WDW.

BluewaterBrad
06-09-2011, 03:51 PM
EPCOT!!:mickey:

flipadeeflop
06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Animal Kingdom has to be my favorite. I just love the feel and theme of the whole park. I like the closed off feel and all the nature! Expedition Everest also happens to be my favorite ride!!

WDWgoofy
06-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I cannot choose a favorite ride, but a favorite park is easy....

EPCOT

dream6
06-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I feel so guilty actually picking one! But probably Epcot - I love Illuminations. And I love the background music in Future World and seeing the Imagination Pavilion all lit up at night.

EpcotFan182
06-12-2011, 09:51 PM
This is a pretty easy question for me: EPCOT!!
Ever since I first set foot in it I was in love!

RAIDER
06-13-2011, 09:03 AM
No its an easy question .Its EPCOT by miles for me :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
06-13-2011, 09:17 AM
No contest for us.
Magic Kingdom. It would be the one park we would not miss on a trip to WDW.

MickeysEars
06-13-2011, 09:50 AM
I love WS, just love it! But, growing up in So. Cal I really have an affinity for MAgic Kingdom even though there are differences, it still takes me back to my childhood...but I do hate that in Fl there is no New Orleans Square