PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on my ADR's

Itchy
06-06-2011, 12:05 AM
We have a trip scheduled for labor day week and have just made our ADR's.

Let me know what you think.

9-5, Coral Reef

9-6, Raglan Road

9-7, Mama Melrose

9-8, Boatwright's

9-9, California Grill

How would you rate each, Good, Bad, or Indifferent.

Thank :mickey:

yjgirl32
06-06-2011, 08:38 AM
I haven't eaten at all of them- but friends of mine have so will give you their opinion on them too.

9-5, Coral Reef- it's a must for us each trip- Love it!!!!

9-6, Raglan Road- Friends said the atmosphere was good and food was very good

9-7, Mama Melrose- not my favorite- but also not the worst

9-8, Boatwright's- was pretty good food

9-9, California Grill- Friends Loved it and so did my cousins who try to get in here each trip!

Hope this helps.

ledudes
06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
CR- heard it's good
RR- Never tried
MM-liked it alot
B- never tried it but it always looks a bit quiet there.
CG-sure it will be great

DisneyDINK
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM
CR- Great ambiance, fun meal.
RR- Great place to relax and have a beer. I tried it for the first time last trip. Very happy with it.
MM-never tried it, probably will next time.
B- Also did it last trip. Really liked the food. Good choice, but I might skip it if I wasn't staying at POR or POFQ
CG- a must for me every trip, usually crowded, but a GREAT dining experience.

KatrinaJ91
06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Only been to Mama Melrose's and Raglan Road and we LOVED both of them!

Raglan Road is a great Irish pub with very delicious food. It's a relaxed pub-style atmosphere....there's always been a soccer game on the tvs when we've been there!

Mama Melrose's holds a special place for us...we went there for the first time this past Christmas Eve and it was excellent! It made for a perfect night with the Osbourne lights. The food was excellent as well!

Dsnygirl
06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
I think your ADR's sound GREAT!

9-5, Coral Reef -- Been there, LOVE it! :thumbsup:

9-6, Raglan Road - haven't been, have always wanted to go, have always heard good things.

9-7, Mama Melrose - another haven't been, but friends LOVE it, and I have to tell you to get the spaghetti & meatball cupcake b/c it looks amazing and I've heard it's awesome!

9-8, Boatwright's - yumm!

9-9, California Grill - another "haven't been", but we're finally going in August. Nothing but good things ever heard from there -- I hope it's a special meal for you guys!

Disney-4-Me
06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
The Coral Reef is great! I love the setting there as much as the food!:cloud9:

darthmacho
06-08-2011, 05:00 AM
9-5, Coral Reef

9-6, Raglan Road

9-7, Mama Melrose

9-8, Boatwright's

9-9, California Grill

Coral Reef: Like it! Great atmosphere.
Raglan Road: Indifferent, since I haven't tried it.
Mama Melrose: Also haven't tried it, but it's on agenda for next trip.
Boatwright's: Love! Our favorite meal from our 2010 trip!
California Grill: Haven't tried it, but it's so highly regarded, I'm guessing you'll love it!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Raglan Road is the only place we've tried and I liked it very much...my mom was unimpressed with her Kevin's ham but my Its Not Bleeding Chowder was very good as was my son's steak......

KatieDuck22
06-08-2011, 01:43 PM
California Grill is a great time. Its upscale though so you need to dress up and stuff.
I think the Coral Reef is fun! definately a good family place to take a break from the sun.
Mama Melrose wasn't my favorite place. I think whatever the spagetti and meatball cupcake is sounds good, but disney has amazing food everywhere!
I haven't tried the others but of the three i know i would say try california grill. it's a great disney experience:mickey:

wildernesslady
06-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I've been to all except Boatwrights. All of your choices are good. Enjoy California Grill. We enjoyed our meals there.

Pop Centurion
06-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I've only tried Coral Reef & Mama Melrose

Coral Reef as mentioned has nice atmosphere/ambiance. I liked the food but my wife didn't so we haven't been back. I would recommend it though and say good choice.

Mama Melrose - We ate there for the first time in '99 & didn't like it at all. We finally decided to give it a second chance last year & enjoyed our meal. We weren't blown away but it was good enough to go back this upcoming trip.

HoosierDisneyFan
06-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Do you need more opinions?

Coral Reef - Been there once and was disappointed. Felt like we were rushed. We enjoyed the view. Is it wrong to eat seafood in front of the swimming fish??

Raglan Road - Been there twice. Enjoyed my food but I am in no hurry to return.

Mama Melrose - We seem to enjoy this resturant more than most. Eat here or the 50s Prime Time Cafe in DHS

Boatwright's - I had excellent Gumbo here. Now I am not from New Orleans so natives may have a different opinion but I loved my meal. If you are staying at POR (or POFQ) it is worth the ADR.

California Grill - We have never been here. Actually the menu does not really appeal to me but would love to go for drinks :marg: and the view some day.

crltkcagle
06-10-2011, 09:11 PM
9-5, Coral Reef Never been going for the first time in September!

9-6, Raglan Road YUCK! LOL We really did not enjoy the food here at all.

9-7, Mama Melrose- love it! Its a must for us!

9-8, Boatwright's- Its ok. we are from New Orleans and its pretty authentic.

9-9, California Grill Never been

Jeddie
06-12-2011, 05:56 PM
We've only eaten at California Grill and Boatwright's. If you like prime rib, get it at Boatwright's, with the fresh horseradish. It was awesome. California Grill was about 6 years ago now (we'll be eating there again in November), but from what I remember, if you like sushi, you're in for a treat! My filet was great too, but the sushi for some reason sticks in my mind. The pieces were huge! Enjoy your trip :thumbsup:

Ramblingman
06-13-2011, 04:37 PM
We just came back and ate at Coral Reef. It was superb and we loved it. The atmosphere and staff were excellent.

We had the Rainbow Trout, NY Strip, Lobster Ravioli, Seared Chicken Breast and Leeks Potato soup. Everything was delicious.

Mackflava99
06-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Boatwrights is a hidden gem, we have really liked going there over the years. We even befriended a waitress there that we see every year.