PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Disney Parks? (Kinect Disneyland Adventures)

thrillme
11-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Has anybody seen this? It came out yesterday. It looks really promising.

Anybody looking at picking one of these up for Christmas?

RedSoxFan
11-05-2010, 10:07 PM
I received mine today from Amazon. Christmas gift to my kids. They will be surprised and I'm happy not to stand in long lines, etc. :)

Disney4us2
11-05-2010, 11:20 PM
I won't be getting one. I got DD a Wii for Christmas last year and I don't have the XBox unit.

WDWfanatic742
11-06-2010, 03:11 AM
There is a bundle with the system and Kinect for $399.

However, you are only going to find generic games on Kinect for awhile. Kinect and Playstation Move probably won't be worth it for awhile until developers of software catch up to the hardware.

BrerGnat
11-06-2010, 11:29 AM
I refuse to support this system in any way, considering they are advertising at my son's SCHOOL LIBRARY, of all places. He is always bringing home books with Xbox Kinect bookmarks, free posters, etc. I think it's in poor taste, personally.

We already have a Wii. My son plays a bit on it, but isn't all that interested in playing yet (kids are young still). DH and I bought it for ourselves the year it was launched. :blush:

brivers222
11-09-2010, 08:13 AM
I had an Xbox but the red ring of death killed it... so now i am abiding my time as to when i will rebuy it.... this time at CostCo so i can return the sucker when it dies and not have to eat it like my last time.

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Nothing is confirmed as of yet, however there have been various domain names registered for Disney Parks with Kinect in the title such as "Kinect Disneyland, Kinect Disney World, Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Kinect Magic Kingdom, and Disneyland Kinect". All of that would point to some type of partnership between Disney and Microsoft for the XBOX 360's Kinect.

Microsoft's press conference for E3 is tomorrow at noon eastern, so they might make some type of announcement then...

caryrae
06-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Just think maybe you could walk around the Parks at home.

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2011, 11:22 PM
There are quite a few possibilities what this is. If it's an actual virtual reality type thing where it shows you in the parks, if it's just games based on the attractions. It could be a million different things...

WDWfanatic742
06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Kinect Disneyland Adventures. It's basically a virtual theme park, but with mini-games as the rides. It looked REALLY cheesy to be completely honest...I'll try and get some video of it on here later as I'm doing other stuff for E3 at the moment...

Patricia
06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Looks like something my kiddies would love. We don't have the kinect but have said we are getting it for some time.. and then we don't. :blush:

If this had come out for the Wii, we already own, I may have purchased it for them.

I'm curious to see what Nintendo is up to. Seems like something interesting is coming down the line.

caryrae
06-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Was just watching a little of the game on E3 2011 and it looks pretty neat. There is video on YouTube if people want to see it I just looked up Kinect Disneyland.

Patricia
08-31-2011, 06:29 PM
I keep forgetting to post the release date for this game. It looks like Nov 15, 2011 for North America. :mickey:

Patricia
11-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Any reviews of this yet?

BrerGnat
11-17-2011, 09:15 AM
There are a couple of pretty detailed reviews on Amazon. Looks like a winner.

Too bad we don't have an Xbox. :(

Mickey'sGirl
11-17-2011, 09:22 AM
My DH picked it up on Tuesday for DS7 (and the store, bless them, gave him the "Disneyland Kinect" poster from the store to give to him too! He's gonna flip!). DH saw a demo in the store, where the boy trying it was giving Snow White a hug. We won't be able to give a personal review until Christmas, however, because Santa is bringing the XBox. In the meanwhile, it looks pretty cool! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lizzy
12-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Does anyone have any reviews of this game?

JPL
12-14-2011, 07:16 PM
I haven't played the full version but I did get to play a demo at the D23 Expo and it looked great. Walking around the park was really cool and the games play that was based on the attractions looked like it could be fun once you got the hang of it.

phlo8810
12-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I bought it for the kids for Christmas. While I've never been to DL all I can say is this game is amazing. It's like being at the park. You literally can walk through the entire park every inch of it. You can go on every ride and when you do they come to life. So far we have done Matterhorn big thunder and haunted mansion. If you are a Disney freak like me you will never want to stop playing. My only experience is at DW but obviously the rides are similar if not the same. Honestly if they announced right now DW version with all four parks was coming out id pay $200 for it. It's that good and it gives me my fix. At least for a little

phlo8810
12-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Right now my 4yo is walking through the room in HM with the dancing ghosts and big dinner table. He is ducking to avoid the ghosts that are flying at his head