PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Segway Tour

txdisneyfanatic
06-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi, guys! Has anyone out there ever done the segway tour @ Epcot? If so, please give us more information as we are considering. Thanks! :mickey:

joanna71985
06-05-2011, 07:16 PM
I did the 2-hour tour around the WS, and LOVED it! I had a blast doing the tour. I had the first session, so there were no guests in the WS (and that was pretty cool). I would definitely do it again

faline
06-05-2011, 07:28 PM
It was great fun and I'd certainly do it again! We were supposed to be in the second tour of the day but a large party was either very late (or a no-show) for the first tour and we were early so we were placed into the first tour of the day. We ended up with a small group.

First up, was classroom instruction and selecting safety helmuts. After that, we practiced indoors. When we had the handling down adequately, we headed out into the park. Most of the tour was guided but we were also allowed some "free wheeling" time by the American Adventure. By time we headed back, the park was open and there were lots more folks around but we were feeling pretty competent by then.

txdisneyfanatic
06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks, guys! Is riding a Segway very hard to learn? This would be a new experience for us and I don't want any accidents on our trip....

AdventurerKim
06-05-2011, 09:20 PM
We did the 2 hour WS tour three times, and once you get used to being on the Segway and operating it, it's really easy. All three times were really fun, and we always did the first group so no one was in WS. It is definitely worth it.

Zawadi
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
If you are not sure about using a Segway then you can have a 5 minute experience (free) in Innovations (on the same side a The Land). This usually runs from 1pm to close.

The area is the Segway training area from where the world showcase tour departs.

LVT
06-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Hello, we just got back. We did the Fort Wilderness segway tour for a 2nd time.
1. must be 16 or older and need parental signatures if under 18
2. Must be able to stand on both feet and have normal balance for a 1-2 hour stretch.
This is harder than it would seem. Both feet must be on it to move. You can carefully shift some weight between feet, but not much.
3. Very easy to operate. lean a little forward to go forward and back to stop. Very small wrist or forearm motions to turn. It is strongly self -balancing via a gyroscope. The lean for moving is very minor.
4. We liked the fort wilderness tour, but I think EPCOT would be fun also. Epcot's tour gets a price discount with the Disney visa card, that the Ft. W tour does not.
5. Bike barn, stables, thru campground\ and then out by the lake,:D before returning on the same route.

joanna71985
06-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks, guys! Is riding a Segway very hard to learn? This would be a new experience for us and I don't want any accidents on our trip....

I didn't find it too hard to use (and I'm normally pretty clutzy).

brownie
06-14-2011, 09:24 AM
It's a great tour. I really enjoy riding the Segways!

It's not hard to pick up, and the classroom practice helps make it easy to get used to the Segway.

I would recommend it. It's a fun experience, and you get to explore World Showcase before it opens (or mostly before it opens if you're in the second group.)

KatieDuck22
06-15-2011, 01:43 PM
I did the epcot segway tour! it's a great time. the segway riding is something aquired though. it's not hard but definately something that you probably never felt before. its a good time once you get the hang of it. you don't need to be athletic to learn and before they let you in the park they make sure ur all set. when i first got on i had wierd problems trying to figure it out but as i went it got more natural.

the segway tour at teh wilderness camp grounds is also a really great time! those segways are easier to ride because of their big off terrain tires, but i found that going over the rough terrain was also an aquired feeling.

PlutoPlanet
06-16-2011, 12:44 PM
DW and I did the Segway tour in EPCOT and LOVED it! The first few minutes on the Segway made me feel a bit uneasy, but hang in there. It is a blast. You go around the International Showcase when no one is there. We may do it again, or find a local place where we can ride Segways.

bjs6
06-17-2011, 10:28 PM
We did the Epcot tour last June. It was a blast. We had a small group: six plus our two guides. Our guides were great; they definitely enjoy their jobs.

jcvalenti
06-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Is there a weight limit to ride the Segways ? I'm 6'3", 275 ... Don't want to book the tour and get into trouble.

brivers222
06-20-2011, 12:25 PM
from what i have read its 250lbs

DAWS
06-20-2011, 08:17 PM
We've done both the Epcot Segway tour (4 times) and the Fort Wilderness Segway tour (2 times), as well as the Disneyland Segway tour - we are obviously Segway fans. In fact, while our first Segway tour was in Epcot, we have now done tours in many US cities. I can tell you that Disney is the safest by far (the training portion of the tour is almost half the tour, but you do get to ride during much of the tour - just not outside.)

I was not surprised to read only positive responses to your question - we almost always bring new friends on a Segway tour.

brownie
06-21-2011, 08:27 AM
from what i have read its 250lbs

Yep, your weight has to be between 100 and 250 lbs.

Here's the official page for the Epcot tour: Around the World at Epcot (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/around-the-world-at-epcot/).