PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find Disney Background music?

plutosnana
06-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a CD or an itunes album with Disney background music, or firework music, or Disney spiels?

:goofy:

DizneyRox
06-05-2011, 12:18 PM
You'll need to google Disney Background Music playlist for better information (ignore any/all links to parktunes as their information is very inaccurate.

Much of it though is sourced off multiple CDs many of them are currently out of print as well. There are still a few areas where Disney uses it's own orchestrated music and most of that is not released.

Regarding fireworks music, I believe Disney still sells a cd called Magic Kingdom Event Music, which has a number of fireworks versions. You can also pick up a CD called Illuminations: Reflections of Earth/Tapestry of Nations. MGM Still has the Fantasmic! CD avialable from what I remember seeing.

The only commercially available spiel I know of is the "All Aboard" call on the current Disney Park CD. Disney generally doesn't release that type of stuff since there's not a lot of commercial interest in it.

The good news is there are many many many fan sites with that type of stuff, that google will help you locate as well. Just a quick check, I'm sitting on about 90 gigs of park related music/movies/etc that I "found" on the Interwebs. My collection is small in comparison to others I know.

Ian
06-05-2011, 12:45 PM
The other thing you can do if you have the means is what I did on this last trip ... Everytime I heard BGM that I liked I whipped out the iPhone and used Shazam to find out what it was.

Using that method I was able to get the entire Reflections of Earth pre-show loop direct from iTunes, as well as a lot of the other Epcot background music.

Although to Rox's point, most of the track lists are available readily through a quick Google search.

elmjimmlm
06-05-2011, 12:57 PM
The other thing you can do if you have the means is what I did on this last trip ... Everytime I heard BGM that I liked I whipped out the iPhone and used Shazam to find out what it was.

Using that method I was able to get the entire Reflections of Earth pre-show loop direct from iTunes, as well as a lot of the other Epcot background music.

What is Shazam?

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2011, 01:06 PM
What is Shazam?

It's an app on most phones nowadays that can tell you what song is playing in the background.

Just going off a quick check on my collection, about 250 gigs on my laptop alone and none of it sorted :(. Got a couple of external hard drives as well that are full...

DizneyRox
06-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Just going off a quick check on my collection, about 250 gigs on my laptop alone and none of it sorted :(. Got a couple of external hard drives as well that are full...
See! There are crazier people than me!

Shazam is nice, and having a link to the song in iTunes (if it's there) is really nice. It requires you to sample the music however and some of the loops are hours long (I think Ft Wilderness has one that's over 4 hours, Animal Kingdom Lodge has a few in the 6-8 hour range).

If you're going to be spending a ton of money on music (and you will as there are MANY MANY songs) just make sure you're getting the right one.

brownie
06-05-2011, 01:40 PM

Although to Rox's point, most of the track lists are available readily through a quick Google search.

That's a great idea!

Ian
06-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah and the Shazam trick only works if it's commercially available music ... it won't give you any of the Disney specific tracks unless they've been released on album and catalogued by Shazam.

I was actually surprised at the ones that got picked up at Epcot. I've never heard of any of the artists!