PDA

View Full Version : June VS July

crltkcagle
06-05-2011, 11:01 AM
My family is planning a grand gathering next summer and we are trying to decide which month to choose. I haven't been during the summer months since the late 90's so I am not sure which is the more crowded month. I know both months are going to be crowded and hot but is there an advantage to either month?

Daisy'sMom
06-05-2011, 11:06 AM
I think June is your best bet. The crowds won't be so overwhelming and the humidity won't be overpowering yet.:mickey:

crltkcagle
06-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks. I am more concerned with crowds less with the weather. We are from Louisiana and the heat doesn't bother us all that much. In fact the humidity in Orlando is a vacation from the humidity we have here! LOL Are the wait times extreme in the summer? Like 2 hours long?

DizneyRox
06-05-2011, 12:35 PM
LOL Are the wait times extreme in the summer? Like 2 hours long?
I've waited 2 hours for a bathroom in the summer. Popular attractions can hit 4 hours standby. Fastpasses for those rides are usually gone around noon.

KatrinaJ91
06-05-2011, 12:48 PM
June will prob be less crowded. Learn to use Fastpasses and you shouldn't have to wait very long for any ride! Just know which rides to get them for as soon as you get to the parks.

crltkcagle
06-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I've waited 2 hours for a bathroom in the summer. Popular attractions can hit 4 hours standby. Fastpasses for those rides are usually gone around noon.

:jaw: PLease tell me you are kidding! 4 hours!!! Who on earth would wait 4 hours for one ride? Now I know why we never go in the summer. I may be reconsidering this grand gathering. I know my family wants us to be there and the only time they can go is during the summer but I can't fathom standing in line for hours to ride one ride. We know how to work the fastpass system but still in all you can only get so many fast passes at a time. Are all the rides extreme long like that or is it just the really popular ones?

DizneyRox
06-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah... I'm kidding... About the bathroom...

It's the popular ones that are long. Soarin, Test Track, Toy Story, Splash, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, etc. Heck, I've even seen a line for Stitch's Great Escape before!

The lesser rides swing dramatically. I've seen the Living with the Land over an hour and also at a walk-on. Same with Pirates, although this year with the enhancements/movie it may be pretty steady.

The ride lines/crowds should not be underestimated. But at the same time, they are not unmanageable. We used to go every year around the 4th. We work the fastpass system like nobody's business and really can't complain. At the same time, we've been before, we'll probably be again, so missing something is not a big deal.

There are lines at the CS locations as well, Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbor Bouse (two of our favorites if we happen to be at MK) are sometimes out the door. It's not uncommon to be in line at a snack cart for a bottled water for a bit.

Really, you're talking about thousands more people than at a Yankee's game all in one park. It's a LOT of people.

Young@Heart
06-05-2011, 01:50 PM
We've been at the end of June several times, end of August once, and end of October. We'll be there at the end of June again in just a couple weeks. We've had to deal with crowds, but nothing has ever been unmanagable. And while WDW was noticeably less crowded at the end of October, I didn't feel like we'd missed out on anything or had less of a great time because of crowds in June.
Use fastpass, try to hit the more popular attractions early in the day....soon after park opening is best. If you can eat a little before or after "normal" meal times, the CS places are a little less crowded (and even with 5, we've always found a table). And be willing to wait for a bus now and then. As long as you go with the right attitude, and remember where you are :mickey:, I don't think crowds are anything to worry about. :thumbsup:

MickyLuver
06-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Hello,

I would have to say that June will definitely be less crowded and especially if you go during the first week of June (1-8). Most school vacations begin in the month of June and if you watch the Blackout dates for Disney Seasonal Pass holders, the blackout dates are a signal for larger crowds. This year it was June 8 or 9 that blackout dates began for season pass holders.
I would say early June is the best bet for less crowds.

Tink#64
06-06-2011, 12:01 AM
We went at the beginning of June last year & yes it was hot & yes it was crowded but not unmanageable! We found out when we got home that it was hotter & more humid at home than in WDW! lol We never waited more than 1/2 hour in standby, if wait was longer, we fp'd! We hit every attraction that we wanted to, I'd say 95% of all park attractions! We always arrive at park opening & hit all major attractions in the early AM! We take the break everyday midday & enjoy some a/c in our room & the pool for a bit! :cloud9:

This year we're visiting the last week of June & I'm so hoping that it's not too much more excessive with the heat & crowds! We know it'll be hot & crowded, (this was the only time that would work for us :blush:) but we're going with the idea that we get to go back to WDW this year, so we'll make the best of it! :thumbsup: Gone for us re the days of pulling DS's out of school in early May & having ideal touring conditions with the weather & the crowds! So for now, we'll plan for the worst & hope for the best! :mickey:

crltkcagle
06-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks for all the info!!!

princessjojo
06-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Weather you choose June or July, it will be crowded to some degree. We've done June several times, August once, Easter, and November long long ago, each time having their own benefits. We love June because we've found the weather isn't any worse than home actually.

But regardless, if you plan when you want to go, and know ahead what your crowd level is going to be, preparing yourself ahead of time for the masses, you will be less overwhelmed and enjoy yourself more. We actually expect long waits and wouldn't know what to do during the slower months with minimal wait times. I think we would be pleasantly frustrated if there is such a thing.

Since you say the weather really isn't a factor because it's so similiar to yours at home, I think June is better. Though nearly unlikely, July is pushing along into hurricane season and June is actually the beginning.