PDA

View Full Version : Crowds and weather?

Snow White 17
06-05-2011, 08:01 AM
We have never been to Disney in July before. How are the crowds and weather? We've gone in May and were surrounded by those love bugs. We went in June and it rained all day every day that we were there. And since then we've stuck to August which was wonderful - we like the heat! But I was just wondering how the weather in July compares. And the crowds too - is it much more crowded?

Strmchsr
06-05-2011, 08:48 AM
The weather in July is pretty close to August - hot, humid with daily pop up thunderstorms. Basically, highs in the low to mid 90s, lows in the mid 70s. If you've experience the heat and crowds in August, it'll be pretty much the same in July, unless you go close to July 4, where crowds are significantly higher. Other than that, normal summer crowds.

Actually, I should put in a caveat - July crowds are similar to early and mid August. I you've gone in late August then July will be a good but more crowded.

timberho
06-05-2011, 09:26 AM
As the PP said it will be hot and crowded. We have spent our last 2 trips going the week leading into the 4th of July (leaving a few days before the holiday) and you can see the crowds gaining steam as you get closer to the 4th.

Basically you are dealing with summer crowds so expect it to be about as crowded as it can be outside of xmas and easter and the day of the 4th plus the 2 days on either side of it. If you went during the last 2 weeks in August you will notice a difference. If you went in early to mid August expect it to be the same since Schools in that area usually report back after the 3rd week of August. We are heading down the 4th week of Aug this year for the first time.

MickyLuver
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I would have to say it is very hot and very crowded. If you don't mind the long waits and the heat, then your going to have a great time. Otherwise, I would also agree that the crowds are better during late Aug. because FL schools return during the second and third week of Aug.

chefmickey3
06-05-2011, 07:56 PM
We go almost every July and love it! We go because of our kids' school schedules and our work schedules. Disney is alive and wonderful! The pools are awesome and every day is a great swimming day. We went in January and it was novel to walk on rides but Disney is about so much more than attractions. We prefer July to January.

Snow White 17
06-09-2011, 12:27 PM
We went to Disney a number of years ago the week after July 4th and, surprisingly, it was pretty quiet around the parks. We usually go the 2nd week of August. This year we have to go the 2nd full week of July since we both couldn't get off from work in August. Heat doesn't bother us one bit - the hotter the better! Rain is the enemy though - haha - not a big fan of the rain! Thanks for all your help! :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Rain is the enemy though - haha - not a big fan of the rain!

Unless something tropical develops, the only rain you'll see will be a thunderstorm each afternoon between 3 and 5 pm that lasts 30-45 min (tops). When you see it approaching, just find a place to chill and you'll be ready to go again in no time.

slegrant
06-09-2011, 01:01 PM
My family and i go every year in July usually the 1st through the 12th and this year is no different. We simply love Disney in July, it seems so festive and as one of the previous posters said Disney is alive. I have been in September and other off months and yes its nice to walk on rides but everything seemed to shut down so early, and we are night owls and love staying out late. Enjoy your trip:mickey:

Snow White 17
06-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Unless something tropical develops, the only rain you'll see will be a thunderstorm each afternoon between 3 and 5 pm that lasts 30-45 min (tops). When you see it approaching, just find a place to chill and you'll be ready to go again in no time.

Yeah that kind of rain I can handle! Get in line for a ride and by the time you're done, the rain is done too!

Snow White 17
06-09-2011, 04:26 PM
My family and i go every year in July usually the 1st through the 12th and this year is no different. We simply love Disney in July, it seems so festive and as one of the previous posters said Disney is alive. I have been in September and other off months and yes its nice to walk on rides but everything seemed to shut down so early, and we are night owls and love staying out late. Enjoy your trip:mickey:

We'll be there the 9th-17th this year and we're night owls too so summertime is probably best. Hope you enjoy your trip too! :)

redleg96
06-10-2011, 12:12 PM
We went in early July (1-10) back in 2008; we found it quite humid with almost daily (however brief) thunderstorms along with pretty high temperatures (95+ daily); as far as the crowds - manageable 1-2 July, slammed on 3-4 July and declined from 5-10 July. Timing just so happens to work out that we'll be going mid/late SEP this year.
Have a great trip!