PDA

View Full Version : ringtones for the Iphone?

Here we go again...
06-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Hey guys,
There used to be great ringtones available on AT&T, Myxer, and even Disney, but I an having a very hard time finding them any more.

Some of the members here have ringtones posted on Myxer so I was able to get a few I lost when I went to my Iphone.

I really want the voice alerts.
I had Goofy - "Phone's ringin', come back come back where ever you are!"
I had some from the Incredibles that I LOVED. I used Mr. Incredible for my husbands calls and Edna was great too "This is Edna Dahling"

Anyway, I can not find any now. Can anyone help??
Thanks!!

magicofdisney
06-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't have any Disney ringtones, but I have some Geico commercial ringtones that I'm enjoying. Have you done a Google search?

Here we go again...
06-05-2011, 04:59 PM
yes I have ut they just bring up some of the basic ones I have. I would love to find some of the older ones... When Disney had ringtones they were great! You could get the voice alerts which were the best.
I could make my own from songs but I want those voice alerts too... *sigh*

Ian
06-05-2011, 05:48 PM
You can make your own ringtones for iTunes out of any music file you have. It doesn't work with DRM songs, so it's best if you ripped it off a CD or have it in MP3 from somewhere.

Open iTunes.
Find the song that you want to make into a ringtone.
Listen to the song and find the part of it you want to use. The chorus may be a good place to start.
Write down the start and stop times of the clip.
Right-click the song and select "Get Info."
Click the "Options" tab.
Type in the start time of your ringtone in the text box next to "Start Time" in the minutes:seconds (i.e., 2:01) format.
Type in the end time of your ringtone in the text box next to "Stop Time." Make sure the ringtone is no more than 40 seconds long.
Click "OK."
Right-click your song again and select "Convert Selection to AAC." Wait for iTunes to convert your song. It will create a duplicate version.
Right-click the ringtone and select "Delete."
Click on the "Keep Files" button.
Find the file. It's usually in your User folder under "Music > iTunes > iTunes Music" and under the band's name. It will have an extension of m4a.
Replace the m4a extension of your ringtone with m4r. You can either double-click slowly to rename your file, or right-click and select "Get Info" on a Mac or "Rename" on a Windows PC.
Click "Use .m4r" or the PC equivalent when the system warns you that the change may affect the use of your file.
Double-click the ringtone file. ITunes will automatically add it to your ringtones folder in your iTunes Music Library.
Connect your iPhone and sync your ringtones.
I've used this to make some cool ringtones from Disney songs I have on my iPod!

Here we go again...
06-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Thank you Ian!
I made a copy of this and will give it a try.

The funny thing is that some of the Intercot members used to have Disney ringtone libraries on Mxyr and other sites but I can not find them.
Since it is easy to make your own I guess they stopped contributing.

I miss my voice alerts though... *sigh*

VWL Mom
06-08-2011, 06:47 AM
I actually found some free at audiko yesterday. If you click on the disney albums there is a list of what songs are free from each album and the option of downloading to computer. I got Wishes, The Hall-o-ween, Grim grinning ghost, and a few more.

Ian, I did try your way too but I when I was totally done with songs in m4r format I couldn't get them to the phone (they said they were copying but didn't). Any ideas?

natedog24
06-08-2011, 08:31 AM
There are also some apps out there that will turn your sound files. I use a free one called "RIngtone Maker - Make free ringtones from your music!". It's a pretty simple, self explanatory app and it's worked fine for me.

Good luck!

DizneyRox
06-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Ian, I did try your way too but I when I was totally done with songs in m4r format I couldn't get them to the phone (they said they were copying but didn't). Any ideas?
Ringtones are now limited to 45 seconds I think, it might be 30. iTunes just won't transfer them, I was able to SSH into my phone and copy the file manually. Longer ringtones WILL work on the phone, but Apple doesn't want to put them there for some reason.

Ian
06-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Ian, I did try your way too but I when I was totally done with songs in m4r format I couldn't get them to the phone (they said they were copying but didn't). Any ideas?How did you try and load them? Synch or drag-and-drop?

DisneyGirl85
06-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Have you tried mobile17.com? They will convert your songs into ringtones for free.

pdrlkr
06-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Audiko.net

VWL Mom
06-09-2011, 02:43 PM
How did you try and load them? Synch or drag-and-drop?

I worked it out, I had originally taken them from myxer and changed them in garage band for my old phone so there was still a copy there. Once I erased that copy everything moved over.

Thanks