PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have anything for withdrawal?

DisneyFr33k
06-04-2011, 03:51 PM
This is a rare feeling. Since our children are going to be on two different school schedules, this is the first time we don't have a disney vacation planned. We have to begin really saving money for their college.

Anyone have anything to help my withdrawal from lack of :mickey2:?

Help! :cry:

darthmacho
06-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I understand. When my daughters were still young and we had just bought our house, I knew it would be awhile before we could go to WDW. We were going to go in 2008, but had to wait until 2010. It was 7 excruciating years! Now that we got that trip in I can't wait to go back again.
The best thing you can do is come to these boards and talk about WDW with the rest of us.
We'll keep you company.
Other things I do is look at our pictures, watch you tube vids, and talk about WDW incessantly!

paulsheri
06-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Started saving for WDW in 1992, My daughter, decided to get married in August 1995, so there went the WDW money, but it was well worth it !! Then came 1996, we decided to "scrape" together some money and , and we went to WDW, for our first time. Then 2 years later, our son got married in 1998. We decided to Move to a new home in 1999, so we started saving again, so finally we made it back to WDW in 2003, that took us 7 years,and then, as you can tell by my signature, we did WDW every year up to and including 2006. Then with new grand children, and with our busy world, we didn't make it back until this year, 2011, when the Kids got us a retirement gift, of 1 week at the world. we might get there more often now, since the retirement, bit one never knows. I like to read the trip reports, that keeps me " in the Game"

MushuGrl
06-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I feel your pain - my last trip was Jan. 2010, and for the first time in forever, I have no trip planned, and don't know when it's going to happen thanks to the violent spring we've had and the repairs we've needed to make on the house.

When it gets REALLY painful, I just submerse myself in whatever pieces of Disney I have handy, be it Disney games (I have quite the collection of Disney Monopolies...anybody wanna get me the Nightmare before Christmas one for Christmas?), listening to CDs, watch a Disney movie, or even turn on the Disney channel. I rewatch the planning videos, rewatch the park DVDs we bought at the park, and work on planning the next trip, whenever it will be!

Itchy
06-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Yea! I am strong I can handle the pressure of withdrawal.....NOT....:blush:

I am in the process of scheduling another trip for 90 day away and I just got back about 30 days ago...:yay:

I am not crazy.. My therapist told me so, a few more shock treatments and I will be ok..:crazy:

DisneyFr33k
06-05-2011, 06:22 AM
I am not crazy.. My therapist told me so, a few more shock treatments and I will be ok..:crazy:

Too funny! :rotfl:

I wish they would invent a pill you could take to make you feel like you are in The World! A legal pill, that is..... :thumbsup:

Not2Loud
06-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Thats a good question. When I hit those periods, I typically go to YouTube and look up ride videos and videos of attractions past that I remember.

Dulcee
06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Oof I know the feeling. We went last in June of 2009... next trip, if all goes well, will be our honeymoon in December 2012.

When I get achy for the world I spend more time on intercot, replan our honeymoon yet again, and watch a whole lot of disney movies.

I stay away from the planning DVDs, ride videos, or music from the parks....it just makes it worse :(

DisneyDINK
06-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I like to listen to park audio on various sites. I actually prefer the audio to the youtube videos. I often keep things like the Epcot entrance music playing on my computer at home or at work.

I think there is still an Intercot station on Live365. You could also search for "visions fantastic" or "d-cot". I'm sure there are other sources of streaming audio, either stations of pre-programmed music or even on-demand stations where you can make requests.

That helps me when I don't have a firm date to go to WDW, which is the cast right now. PM me if you want a link to a site. :mickey:

lettripp
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
If you haven't read it already, pick up the book Mousejunkies. If you have already read it, read it again! That book combined with park music and reading Intercot are the only ways we can get through until the next vacation!

BWayGrl
06-06-2011, 03:10 PM
I agree with most of the pp's. I listen to park music (which I am doing right this very minute!), read my Disney guide book, look through my Disney photo albums of past trips, watch YouTube vids, etc. A few months back, I was going to start an Epcot collage, and fill it with photos and such from old rides, as well as the new ones. I never did get started on it, but I'm thinking that might help with withdrawal - and pass the time before the next trip!

ryca1dreams
06-06-2011, 05:44 PM
- Listen to park music
- Read Intercot posts
- Watch videos (mine and YouTube)
- I'm kind of the "go-to" guy in the company for people taking WDW trips, so helping them plan their trips is kind of fun.

Not2Loud
06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
-
- I'm kind of the "go-to" guy in the company for people taking WDW trips, so helping them plan their trips is kind of fun.

A bit off topic, but isn't it a fun feeling when people ask you all types of questions about WDW trips? For me, its a bit like reliving my trips to tell them all the info they are looking for. :mickey:

DisneyDude1977
06-20-2011, 10:42 AM
I love watching You Tube vids and the planning DVDs. We hav not been since 2009, and will likely not be going until 2013 or 2014.

DizneyRox
06-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Anyone have anything to help my withdrawal from lack of :mickey2:?

Do you still have your credit card statements from your last trip?

magicalmom
06-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Do you still have your credit card statements from your last trip?

:joy::funny::here::crazy::scared::faint::dizzy: