PDA

View Full Version : Dec. trip

minnie04
06-03-2011, 09:18 AM
I just booked a weekend in Dec. :mickey:the 8-12. Does anyone know if there is anything major going on at that time?? Other then crowds..

floridamom
06-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Crowds actually shouldn't be too bad then, and the holiday decorations and festivities will be in full swing--sounds perfect to me! Enjoy!

Strmchsr
06-03-2011, 10:40 AM
The biggest thing during that time is the Pop Warner Super Bowl and the cheerleading competitions which go Dec 3-10 this year. That's youth football and cheerleading so you have packs of kids from all over the country. That usually doesn't have a big impact on the parks, but it definitely does on the value resorts and the one or two moderates where they stay.

minnie04
06-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Thank you both for your help. We have been there when Pop is there and it hasn’t been too bad. We are planning on going to the Mickey Xmas at night. I don’t think it will be a problem with the teams because they have to be in bed..lol.. We are staying off property as well.(not by my choice) :( I guess will have to take our chances..Cuz I’m not cancelling this one..:mickey:

dizneydeb22
06-03-2011, 03:24 PM
MVMCP is awesome!! We loved the 'snow' on Main Street and the Christmas parade! Have a magical trip!:santa3:

katieandrob
06-03-2011, 11:51 PM
We went Dec. 07 and found the crowds and weather to be wonderful. We really enjoyed the Osbourne Lights at Hollywood Studios and MVMCP.

RAIDER
06-05-2011, 02:25 PM
We always go for the first 2 weeks in Dec .
The first week you can normally stroll around in WDW as its fairly empty ,but the second week begins to pick up for the christmas crowds .Have fun :thumbsup:

ransam
06-05-2011, 02:35 PM
We've gone every year for the last few years during the pop warner games, and ahve never had any problems....
but that time is so awewome...
the only advice i can give is that there is so much christmas going on in regards to the decorations, country santas, choirs, mickey's party, processional Choir, etc....it's easy to get wrapped up in it, and kind of miss the original magic of the disney parks themselves.
that is why i'm going this september....so i can enjoy Disny.

Zawadi
06-05-2011, 06:07 PM
If you get a chance have a look in the lobby of each deluxe resort:

Gingerbread house in GF
Mountain villages and railroad in Yacht Club
Chocolate Carousel in Beach Club

are just "tasters"

MVMCP is awesome!! We loved the 'snow' on Main Street and the Christmas parade! Have a magical trip!:santa3:

In Dec 2010 we were in Disneyland Paris and had 4 inches of real snow :snowman: