PDA

View Full Version : Carnival Triumph Advice

Disney OB RN
06-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Our family is looking into going on a Carnival Triumph 5 day cruise next month to Progresso & Cozumel. Our kids are 17, 14, & 11. My hubby & I have cruised Carnival before (pre-kids!)---we did Disney last May so this is our "off-summer":confused:We are only 5 hours away, so my hubby thought this might be good. I have read all of the cruise commentaries on this site, & after reading some tripadvisor reviews, am a little leary. My fellow Disney comrades who have sailed this ship before, please come to the rescue! Thanks!

Melanie
06-02-2011, 05:57 PM
What port is this ship out of?

Disney OB RN
06-02-2011, 09:40 PM
New Orleans:mickey:

coloradowendyl
06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
My family absolutely loved the Triumph! Feel free to ask me any questions. My kids were 16 and 12 when we sailed the Triumph and they had a blast!

Wendy

Disney OB RN
06-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks- I have read that the ship is to be dry-docked in September, and that has me a little worried about the quality of a cruise...my kids have not ever been on a cruise. What did you think about the ports of call? If you choose not to book the Mayan ruins, is there anything to see in Progresso by just walking around? My hubby would like to do the dolphin excursion at Cozumel. Thanks for the help. Just a major case of "to book or not to book" nerves, that I have to get over very quickly, as the cruise is next month, & may book out or increase in price beyond our budget as we speak!!! It is so hard to do anything major outside of Disney, when you are unsure of the quality of the experience for your money!!:confused: