PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Trip Almost Entirely Planned...

darthmacho
06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
:blush: I'm a little embarrassed to say that with well over a year to go, I've pretty much got an itinerary, most of my ADRs picked out, and know how I'd like our proposed August 2012 trip to go.

Of course it hasn't been booked yet, and making ADRs are a long way off, and we're not entirely sure which resort we're going to stay, but here's the plan so far:

Visit for 13 nights/14 days.
Stay at a Value Resort in order to make this longer trip feasible.
Want to stay at new Art of Animation, but the back-up plan is Pop or ASMu if the former isn't available.
We'll want a 10-day park hopper, and break up our park time as follows: MK 3 days, Epcot 3 days, AK 2 days, DHS 2 days. (The idea is to take each park a little more slowly this time.)
Reserve one full day for a water park, probably BB, and one full day for DTD.
Do the Fantasmic Dinner Package, because kids haven't seen that show yet.
Traditions: Visit/meal at WL, Crystal Palace breakfast, and no parks on first or last day.
Target ADRs include, Ohana, TRex, Napoli, Hacienda, Mama Melrose, Boma, Yak & Yeti, and Artist Point!!!
Want to try Noodle Station, Tortuga Tavern, and revisit Casey's if possible.
Most importantly, I want to (and pray we can) take advantage of the Bounceback offer, and book the Wilderness Lodge at 40% off for 2013!!!!

Please, opinions on...

...my plan.
...my gall.
...my sanity.

:mickey:

wildernesslady
06-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I think you are completely sane. Your plans sound great.

faline
06-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Plans sound fine - sorry I can't move the calendar for you!

Melanie
06-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Woohoo - you are a Disney planning machine! :woohoo:

SBETigg
06-02-2011, 08:17 PM
It's a plan! Didn't I just read that Noodle Station was gone, back to Tomorrowland Terrace or whatever it was previously? But everything else sounds great!

Dsnygirl
06-02-2011, 08:48 PM
:mickey: Your plans sound awesome!! And your are as sane as the rest of us who plan our trips out in advance... whether or not the rest of the world gets it, you can be sure that WE crazies do!! :D

I love that you've got a mix of "traditions" and new things to try... it's so nice to have old favorites to go back to, makes it feel like you're "home", and it's fun to have new things to look forward to experiencing.

Have you been in August before? We're doing August for the first time this year, and are doing a longer trip like you, so that we don't feel rushed in the heat. Will you be trying to bounce-back to August for 2013??

Can't wait to hear more about your plans as the trip gets closer! :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Totally not a problem ... you are sane, you're just one of us :thumbsup:

We are madly counting down until we can make our 2012 reservations for Disney and the Autotrain ... can't come fast enough.

I love your plan, lots of new and old. It will be here before you know it.

Cinderelley
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
If you're crazy, I'm crazier. I'm planning our Dec, 2012 trip already. ;)

Dragongirlx
06-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Me too I have booked and am planning our September 2012 trip now

darthmacho
06-03-2011, 04:46 AM
It's a plan! Didn't I just read that Noodle Station was gone, back to Tomorrowland Terrace or whatever it was previously? But everything else sounds great!

Thanks a lot! Now the whole plan has to be scrapped! ;)

darthmacho
06-03-2011, 04:52 AM

I'm so close to done planning 2012, I'm already thinking about 2013, an no joke, doing research for Disneyland for 2014. :blush:

Cinderelley
06-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Thanks a lot! Now the whole plan has to be scrapped! ;)

Scrapping the plan and coming up with a new one must be such torture for you. lol

RedSoxFan
06-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Sounds like a great plan to me.

Dulcee
06-03-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm going to take this as an ok to start formally planning my honeymoon in 2012.

Thank you everyone :) lol

darthmacho
06-03-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm going to take this as an ok to start formally planning my honeymoon in 2012.

You haven't started planning yet?!?!?
You're waaaay behind! What's the matter with you??? ;):mickey:

Cinderelley
06-03-2011, 07:57 AM

Slacker :laughing:

Suz36
06-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Nothing to be embarassed about! I'm right there with ya - I completely planned our March 2012 trip immediately upon returning from our February trip this year! And then when I realized what I'd done, I started planning for our Disneyland April 2013 and possible cruise summer 2013!! It's such an addiction!

princessgirls
06-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Awwww....Darth, I'm right there with you!!!

After not visiting the world properly since December of 2009 we are going for 10 days in August.

Here is the great part...THE PRICE!!!
Because we had committed to going in August, I kept my eagle eye out for GOOD specials, and booked the Free Dining when it was offered in the fall of last year.
I'm getting 9 nights in the value resort, 9 day hopper + waterpark and fun, and the Disney Dining for a GREAT price. I hope the same happens for you my friend!
Julie:mickey:

BriarRose0708
06-07-2011, 04:43 PM
You are completely sane, just an advance planner! I have my October 2012 pre-trip report in a Word document on my computer so never fear! Looks like you've got all the details worked out and now just waiting for 2012 packages to be announced so you can book!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Yep, been planning mine for 2 years...haven't gone yet, that's in December but already wondering when we'll be back to see the Fantasyland Completion......

BrownEyedGrrl
06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Sounds like excellent plans, and totally sane to me! :thumbsup: We're booked and heading to a cabin in Tennessee for vacation this Fall, but I'm far more excited and have spent more time (even if just mentally) planning for our big family reunion vacation in WDW, September 2012! :D

Disney-4-Me
06-07-2011, 11:35 PM
We're all nuts in the same nuthouse!:D
I bet we all start planning the next Disney vacation the minute we get on the Magical Express, climb in a cab or load into our car to leave Disney property!:blush: