PDA

View Full Version : Comcast To Buy Universal

GothMickey
06-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Blackstone announced they were selling their share of Universal Orlando. Comcast, the other half owner, had right of first refusal to buy Blackstone's share. If Comcast were to say no, Blackstone would then have the right to sell the ENTORE resort, putting the licenses to Harry Potter, Marvel, Dr. Seuss, and others in danger. Well, fear not. Comcast is stepping up to the plate. They will be buying Blackstone's share and taking full control of the park. The good news? The person running the parks will be former Disney executive Steve Burke, one who is credited with turning around Disneyland Paris. The bad news? Disney now has even more competition and well, domination of the Orlando market may soon be shifting, for the better in my opinion. Now, let's celebrate with the announcement of the Transformers ride, a value resort, King Kong, and Harry Potter expansion!!!!!!!

WDWfanatic742
06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I swear, Comcast is taking over the world slowly...

caryrae
06-01-2011, 05:06 PM
No wonder their prices keep going up up up.

NJGIRL
06-03-2011, 07:41 AM
The bad news? Disney now has even more competition and well, domination of the Orlando market may soon be shifting, for the better in my opinion.

Why do you think this is bad news? Competition is usually good for the consumers, but by Comcast buying Blackstone's shares I don't see any added competition. IMO Universersal has been making great strides in the past years with quality state of the art attractions. Disney has not been keeping up for some reason. EPCOT is still our favorite park but our second in line is Universal Studios and my son likes both Universal parks better than Disney parks. In all honesty I have never kept up with who runs these theme parks so i have no idea what this new person will do, but I always have thought it is more about the money behind the operation than the person running it. I think when you get to that level of management you must be qualified, but what do I know.:D