PDA

View Full Version : What are those bricks with names at MK?

plutosnana
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi,
can anyone tell me what those bricks say at MK, when you get off of the bus, or boat, then you walk into MK they have to bricks on the cement.. I think they have the producers of MK on the bricks.. but I'm unsure
:goofy:

faline
06-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Disney used to sell them as part of a drive they called "Walk Around the World". We have one over by the boat dock to the Poly. It has the names of our family members, our hometown, and the year in which we purchased the stone.

plutosnana
06-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Are they still doing "walk around the world"?

ransam
06-01-2011, 04:22 PM
you use to be able to buy them.

DizneyRox
06-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Are they still doing "walk around the world"?
They were a few years back now. They were about $300 a pop, your best bet is to check with Guest Relations.

There were only a few spots left when we got ours, maybe 50 to 100 or so, at least in our area. There were only a couple areas to choose from at the time too.

finaldynasty
06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
I would love to see this at other parks. Well, I guess Epcot does...

Basket Mommy
06-01-2011, 09:52 PM
They were a few years back now. They were about $300 a pop, your best bet is to check with Guest Relations.

There were only a few spots left when we got ours, maybe 50 to 100 or so, at least in our area. There were only a couple areas to choose from at the time too.

Hol cow! We only paid $75 for ours in 1996. Ours is on the walkway about halfway to the GF. Bought it on our honeymoon and finally got to see it when we took our oldest two kids for their first trip in 2002.

Gator
06-02-2011, 12:06 PM
They're cool with the names on it, but not as cool as the ones at Epcot. Those actually have pictures instead of names, and I'll be immortalized at my favorite park.

DizneyRox
06-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Hol cow! We only paid $75 for ours in 1996.
That's what I said. If I recall it was like $75 for the normal brick and either $100 or $125 for the granite when it was actively being offered. Many years later, I assume there's some cost associated with getting the engraving tools out of storage and making up the bricks.

When they quoted me $300 I choked, but still went thought with it. It was an anniversary present, and having been married at the Wedding Pavilion it made sense.

Imagineer1981
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
wow 300, thats crazy. I guess they figured people will still pay for it

DisneyDINK
06-06-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure the name "Walk Around the World" is totally appropriate. By this I mean when you walk from MK, pass the monorail station, the path goes on about 1/4 to a 1/2 mile and stops because there is no way to get past the channel where they store the Water Pagent boats. I really wish they would build some kind of bridge there so you could walk (or run in my case) from MK to the GF and Poly. Did they ever plan to pave a trail all the way around the 7 Seas Lagoon? The only people who walk down that path are the ones who bought the stones or runners looking for a longer path, like me.

Buttercup
06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
The Walk Around The World was supposed to originally stretch all the way around the water but they stopped building it, and as far as I understood, they stopped selling the stones when the Leave A Legacy place went up at Epcot.

I always wanted one of the stones in the Walkway but settled for the Leave A Legacy monoliths. And now they don't even sell those anymore (even though there's plenty of free space).

Who knows, maybe they've started re-selling the Walkway stones since Leave A Legacy seems to be done. :confused: