PDA

View Full Version : Captain EO

katieandrob
05-31-2011, 10:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew if captain eo would still be running the end of September? My boys would love this but I heard it is only going to be around a short time. Any thoughts?

WDWfanatic742
05-31-2011, 10:59 PM
For the foreseeable future yes it will be open. Definitely in Spetember...

KAJUNKING
05-31-2011, 11:24 PM
its my understanding that there are no immediate plans to get rid of it

AmandaChan
06-01-2011, 10:37 PM
So does that mean that Honey I Shrunk the Audience is down too??

WDWfanatic742
06-01-2011, 11:08 PM
So does that mean that Honey I Shrunk the Audience is down too??

Captain EO replaced it, and HTSTA won't be coming back unless they absolutely have to pull EO out for some reason and they don't have EO's replacement ready yet...

DVC2004
06-02-2011, 10:14 AM
I also would think it will still be there in September. I know it was there last August when we went and I have not heard any time frmae yet of when it's expected to go.

ransam
06-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Captain EO replaced it, and HTSTA won't be coming back unless they absolutely have to pull EO out for some reason and they don't have EO's replacement ready yet...

i thought that EO was only tempoary and that Honey was definitly coming back?

WDWfanatic742
06-02-2011, 01:11 PM
i thought that EO was only tempoary and that Honey was definitly coming back?

I'm pretty sure that EO will stay until the next big thing...there isn't much of a point for Disney to replace something that doesn't get much traffic with something that gets even less traffic.

Then again they replaced AE with Stitch, so who knows...:D

MaxPower
06-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I've always thought that since the theater is part of the Imagination Pavillion, they should create a Monsters Inc 3-D movie to play there. With the sequel to Monsters Inc coming out, it would be a good fit with promoting a movie plus the concept of imagination.

MOJoe
06-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I talked to some CM's at the Captain EO show last week. It seemed to me they were happy to have it back. HISTA had really become stale over the years, (16 i believe) and with all the attention given to MJ's demise, it just made sense to show EO again.

I agree that EO should stay until the "next big thing" is brought out. Might be a year or two. But i hope not longer than that. Hopefully Disney has something on the drawing board.

Really, though, it's hard to think of a good 3-D fit for this huge theater. None of the current movie franchises seem to fit. Maybe something completely different will find it's way here.

katieandrob
06-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Thank you for all the responses. My boys will be thrilled. They love Michael Jackson.

figmagination
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
What is the approximate running time of EO?