PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Place

Kairi_7378
05-31-2011, 10:28 PM
We won some one-day tickets to Sesame Place a few months ago and are planning to use them in July. Can anyone give any pointers for visiting Sesame Place? Are there better days to visit than others? Are there rides we should dash to get on first thing in the morning? We have a son who will be 3 in September. :kermit:

Thanks!

rjmdds
06-01-2011, 02:01 PM
We've been to Sesame Place each summer for the past 4 summers or so. We usually stay overnight at the Sheraton right across the road. It just makes it a much easier and relaxing way to do it. The park can DEFINITELY be done in one day, but we like taking our time. Your little guy will love it. There are plenty of places for him to get wet so be prepared for that. Oddly, there aren't many rides for that age group. There are some but no many. You will likely spend most of your time in the water areas and at the shows. You wlil definitley want to catch all of the shows. They are great for kids.
The parade was redone for this year so I can't comment on it. The old parade was pretty cute but needed some reworking. You will definitley want to catch it though. You will want to get a spot a good 20-30 minutes before the parade if you want a good spot on the SHADY side of the parade route which, if you are entering the front gate, is on the right side of the street.

I would also recommend a character breakfast or lunch. They are very good for character interaction and usually have bunches of characters. Again, perfect for your son's age.

I would recommend a Monday through Friday. Saturday it can get a little nuts and the clientele tends to dip a little. There are usually a lot of school groups on Fridays but they don't tend to make the park overly crowded. I would just avoid the weekends.

Kairi_7378
06-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks so much! I haven't been to Sesame Place in a very long time. I was thinking that he might be a little too small to go this year, but I can't pass up a free set of tickets :-)