PDA

View Full Version : Booking by phone or online - ever had this problem

Katzateer
05-31-2011, 11:15 AM
I was looking at the room rate of $69 for value resorts for Sept. I decided to call to book this rate. I could not get the rate from WDW reservations.

Got back online and was able to get the rooms for $69 each. Why would that rate not show up with a direct call to Disney?

I booked 2 rooms at that rate and wanted to do it by phone to make sure it was noted to have adjoining rooms or close to each other. So I called them back to make sure the request was on the reservation and the cast member said the rate would have shown up if it had been available.

Didn't want to argue with her since I got what I was looking for but what the heck??

VWL Mom
05-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Did you give them the promo code when you called? I don't think their system will pull it up with no code.

Good news is, you're booked at the rate you wanted and can set the countdown clock :D

PopPhan
05-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Another good reason to book with INTERCOT sponsor - Magical Journeys! You'll always get the right price for your trip! Any better deals that come up will be automagically applied (unless you say otherwise!)

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
This can be one of the frustrating things about booking directly with Disney - they don't like you to save $$.

When we booked our honeymoon (the only time I didn't use MJ), it took about five different "codes" before I found the right one that the CM would accept and give us the deal.

I guess that there are different restrictions, yours may have been a "book online" code, but I am glad it worked out!

floridamom
05-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Agree with previous poster who said that some CM's may require that you mention a specific code to get a rate. I usually just ask for the AP rate, but once I was told that I needed an actual code for that. I didn't know it off the top of my head, so I just went online via the passholder log-in and booked it that way.