PDA

View Full Version : New Car!

White Rose
05-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm rather excited today as I bought my "first" car! Well, technically, it's my third car, but the first that I purchased on my own and got what I wanted. I purchased a 2011 Honda Fit Sport in Celestial Blue (aka a sort of periwinkle).

My first car was purchased when I was 16 and was named Snape, my beloved 94' Geo Prizm. It was a hunk of junk, but I loved it. It was also beige, which I hated, but it got me from point A to B. Tragically, Snape was killed in a rear ending incident (Ford F150 pick up truck hit me while I was sitting at a light) and he was totaled. :(

My second car was purchased for me by my parents a few weeks later, when I was 17. It was a 2001 Toyota Corolla (also beige. ugh.) Draco was wonderful. I adored him to ends of the earth and happily rode him into the ground until today, when I traded him in at 108,759 for the mileage. I was actually very sad and had been on the fence about buying a new one, just because I was emotionally attached (stupid, I know.)

But, now I have Hermione (noticing a theme here? LOL :blush: ). And she's just great. However, I'll always remember Draco.

Anyway, just wanted to share!

BrerGnat
05-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Congratulations! My husband has a Fit Sport. AMAZING car! You did good. It's a proud moment, isn't it. :thumbsup:

jillluvsdisney
05-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Lovbe those names you gave your cars.:number1:

Jillirose
05-31-2011, 07:24 AM
Love your theme! My car is the Black Pearl.....

princessgirls
05-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Congratulations on your new purchase!!!!

Enjoy!

The Fits are a nice car!

Julie:mickey:

micky95
06-23-2011, 06:59 AM
i thought my wife was the only one who named her cars and mine.right now we have amy,mercury cougar bear,jeep liberty, my truck everest,a white f250, my company trucks,rusty a f600 40ft bucket truck and cramer,a f350 40ft crane truck.we're restoring a 54 F350 named jed.its always sweeter when you accomplish something big like that on your on. enjoy:thumbsup:

laprana
06-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Congrats on the new car! You can't go wrong with a Honda! I'm on my second Civic and *knock on wood* haven't had any problems with either one. I really like the look of the Fits...very cute! :thumbsup: