PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation resort

dolewhiplovers
05-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know yet when they will be taking reservations for the new Art of Animation resort. We are going back in March of 2012 and would like to stay there if they are open.

EeyoresBestFriend
05-30-2011, 07:54 PM
From another site, they are projecting booking the animation rooms May 2012.

ransam
05-31-2011, 12:55 AM
may 2012? and when is it expected to open>

Cinderelley
05-31-2011, 02:27 AM
I am toying with the idea of staying here too. :D

Goofy4TheWorld
05-31-2011, 07:49 AM
An article in my Mickey Monitor (AP Magazine) said the resort will OPEN (not start taking reservations) "in phases beginning May 2012." Not sure when they will take reservations, but I feel pretty sure they will not be open to guests any sooner than May 2012.

EJS-Houston
05-31-2011, 10:23 AM
An article in my Mickey Monitor (AP Magazine) said the resort will OPEN (not start taking reservations) "in phases beginning May 2012." Not sure when they will take reservations, but I feel pretty sure they will not be open to guests any sooner than May 2012.

Do we know yet what kind of resort it will be, e.g. Value, Moderate, etc...?

darthmacho
05-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Do we know yet what kind of resort it will be, e.g. Value, Moderate, etc...?

I thought it was going to be a value with 75% suites for families of 5-6 members, so I imagine those suites will be a little more expensive than a standard value room. Anyone confirm?

I'm hoping to stay there next year too, as it sounds better themed than ASMo or Pop... :mickey:

Imagineer1981
06-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I thought it was going to be a value with 75% suites for families of 5-6 members, so I imagine those suites will be a little more expensive than a standard value room. Anyone confirm?

I'm hoping to stay there next year too, as it sounds better themed than ASMo or Pop... :mickey:

Thats what i have heard as well

PopPhan
06-06-2011, 05:10 PM

They haven't come out with pricing yet, but check the pricing for the All Star Music Value Suites...Should be about the same.

If ANY of the resort will be open by May 2012 (which I highly doubt) it would be the rehabbed buildings that were there before the post 9/11 construction halt. My reasoning is that those buildings are well away from the registration building and people would need to go through an active construction zone to get to them.

I haven't been to WDW since last September and haven't seen photos....are any of the "new" buildings (the suites) under construction yet, or are they still in site preparation?

Pop Centurion
06-08-2011, 10:57 PM
I haven't been to WDW since last September and haven't seen photos....are any of the "new" buildings (the suites) under construction yet, or are they still in site preparation?
If you look up Jeff Lange on the 'tube" his latest video shows the latest construction. He also switches to concept art when he is shooting that particular building so you know what it will eventually look like.