PDA

View Full Version : new things at WDW this summer

mikewdw
05-30-2011, 12:20 AM
trying to make sure i have a list of everything new/changed from last summer. please let me know if something is wrong or if i have missed something.

Tangled Meet & Greet
Phineas & Ferb Meet & Greet
New show at Castle?????
Mickey in Town Hall
Princesses in Town Hall
Tinkerbell in Epcot now
Toontown closed
Updated Star Tours
Pixar Pals parade DHS
New fireworks/laser show at MK?????
Is the Cars picture spot changing?

anything else i am forgetting or havent got right?

thanks for info
mikewdw

AmandaChan
05-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Would new queue at Haunted Mansion count?:hmghost:

Strmchsr
05-30-2011, 07:39 AM
No new show at the castle and no new fireworks. There is a new pre-Wishes show related to the memories theme of this year that is projected on the castle (some lasers). It's actually very cool and worth seeing. I think it starts about 15 min before Wishes.

crltkcagle
05-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Didn't Pooh also get a new update to the queue?

CanadaLovesDisney
05-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Didn't Pooh also get a new update to the queue?

Sure did!!!!

Joannelet
05-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Yes Cars meet and greet area is getting a makeover. I hear Lightning Mcqueen is as well. And starting in June Lightning Mcqueen will be taking Herbies place in the Lights motor action stunt show.

Sylvia
05-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Yes Cars meet and greet area is getting a makeover. I hear Lightning Mcqueen is as well. And starting in June Lightning Mcqueen will be taking Herbies place in the Lights motor action stunt show.
Looks like I'll have to put Lights, Motors, Action on the "must do" list in September. Thanks!

figmagination
05-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Really?? They finally took Herbie out? Nothing against the character, I love him, but they originally put him in there to promote his new movie. I thought it got old year after year with the same thing happening to Herbie. Maybe it might go back on our list!

Joannelet
05-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes starting sometime in June, Herbie will be replaced. There have been a few places they have announced it-including in my new Dvc magazine. I can't wait to see Lightning in it. Just no specific date has been set just says in June.