PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what is the best way?

mom2mickeyfan
05-29-2011, 09:02 PM
We will be leaving next week for a weeks stay at Hilton Grande Vacations Club at Sea World. This is our first time staying on this side of town. In the past we have stayed at Orange Lake, Summer Bay and Silver Lake. I remember reading about taking Black Rd. from that area to get to WDW and loved how easy that made the trip. Anyone have any advice on the best and quickest way to get to the parks from our resort this year? Seems like I read something about Turkey Lake???

Thanks for any help!!!

mom2mickeyfan
05-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Is it best to just go down I4?

Ed
05-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Avoid I-4 like the plague. :nono:

From your hotel, go west on Central Florida Parkway to Palm Parkway; turn left and stay on Palm Pkwy until you get to Apopka-Vineland Road, also known as SR 535. Turn left again. From there you can either turn right at the next traffic light onto Hotel Plaza Blvd onto WDW property, or continue another 2 miles or so to SR 536, also known as World Center/Epcot Center Drive and turn right onto WDW property.

mom2mickeyfan
05-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks!! We have stayed in the 535 area several times also so I know exactly where you are talking about. When I was there in 2002 for our honeymoon we used the World Drive/Epcot Center Drive every time went to the parks. We saw a cow crossing the road one morning. We now call it the road the cow ran across. We still wonder where in the world it came from. Maybe it escaped from McDonald's! :secret: