PDA

View Full Version : Can we do this?

PETE FROM NYC
05-29-2011, 08:27 PM
DW and I are travelling with her family next year. We will be getting a 2 BR at BLT.
If DW and I want to stay longer than the others, can we just give up the studio portion of the 2 BR, and keep the 1 BR ?

DizneyRox
05-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Will be two reservations, and the possibility exists that you will have to move rooms. The best that I think you can do is make note of that on the reservation, and maybe indicate that maybe you would prefer a 1BR with a connecting studio as you don't want to have to move.

I've never heard of this type of request before, but I'm sure Disney has seen it. Might be worth a call to the resort (not reservations) to see if that's something they can accomodate before you book it though. Reservations will just make the reservation, the resort has to actually accomodate. Reservations will say that nothing is guaranteed except your room type, which will ultimately end up as a 2BR for the beginning of your stay and then a 1BR for the last part.

faline
05-29-2011, 08:34 PM
If you have a dedicated 2 bedroom, there is no studio portion. If you have a lockoff 2 bedroom, you will have a combination of 1 bedroom and studio.

I read one other post from someone who had done something similar and I believe they needed to move at the end of the 2 bedroom stay into a 1 bedroom room so the answer may be "it depends"

Horizon93
06-04-2011, 10:01 PM
When you book, be sure that you book a lockoff 2 br. Tell MS that you want the 1 br portion for longer. They should be able to link the two reservations as one and you should be fine. If you are already booked, it is still worth a try.