PDA

View Full Version : Star Tour Motion Sickness?

steamboat willy
05-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Is the NEW Star Tours going to be a motion sickness concern for ME and 5 year old?
ALSO, is it a wheelchair accessible ride?

johnO
05-30-2011, 09:17 AM
I wouldnt expect it to be worse than the first version

sgdisney
05-30-2011, 09:46 AM
The old version always made me feel a bit sick after riding. I rode the new version several times last week and never felt sick afterwards. And yes it is wheelchair accessible.

RBrooksC
05-31-2011, 07:25 AM
My five year old son and I rode Star Tours three times when it opened. We never got motion sick nor felt any ill effects.

To be honest, I though the ride was very smooth. Also, the 3D effect and the very clear screen helps reduce any motion sickness.

And regarding a five year old, my son was mad that we couldn't ride it again after the 3rd time.

Mickey'sGirl
05-31-2011, 08:16 AM
This gives me hope! I had stopped riding Star Tours due to motion sickness ... so I'm really happy about this turn of events! :thumbsup:

Melanie
05-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Depending on the day, the old ride made me sick and the new ride makes me sick. All depends on if my body feels 'off' that particular day.

I've ridden the new Star Tours 3 times now. The first day I rode 2 times and the first sequence threw me off a bit, but the second was much better, and I felt fine after. Now yesterday, I got a totally different sequence that really threw me for a loop! :ack: It only took a few minutes to feel 'normal' again though. It's not like Mission:Space, which for me, can throw off an entire day.

jimsgal05
05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
one good thing with this ride is you know you aren't really moving like a rollar coaster. So I did was shut my eyes on some of the sceenes...and I was laughing If was a smooth ride though they do have WC acess...you just will be the last to laod in the row.. you do have to walk about 10 feet to get into the pod ( the last seat then they have your chair on the exit where you would walk about 8-10 with help if needed...

GO to the ride if ya can...your 5 yr old will probabaly enjoy all the little kids I saw were thrilled...
:)