PDA

View Full Version : Stressed!Help!

Jen1984
05-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Am heading to Disney in 36 hours! Cannot sleep, (it is now 4.30 am UK time!!!). I have that awful feeling in my gut that I have forgotten something! Plane tickets, check! Park tickets, check! Everything is done but....

This is my first trip with my partner and his autistic son (my 6th time) and I am so focussed on making sure that they have a fantastic time I think that I may have lost my sanity. I'm normally so relaxed about travelling to Disney-favourite place in the world!

Does anyone have any last minute tips for me? (Both for calming me down and for things that I just shouldn't forget?)

Cinderelley
05-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Well, hopefully you've relaxed by now. :D If not, take a deep breath, let it out and realize that everyone will have a better time if you just relax. Take it slow and easy. They will love it, just like you do.

eel
05-29-2011, 02:52 PM
My sister and her family live out in California close to Disneyland. She has an autistic daughter and the kid absolutely LOVES to go to the park. Here's :pixie: hoping that you, your partner and his son have as wonderful a time as they always do.

And relax.....it's all good

Mickey91
05-29-2011, 03:16 PM
All you can do is share your love of WDW with them. Try to remember you are not responsible for them enjoying it. Take things slow and try to see the park through their eyes and not be disappointed if they enjoy different things than you do or than you would like them to. I think my family sometimes gets too caught up in themselves and we all kind of ruin the moment for each of us because we expect everyone else to LOVE what we love and get excited about the same things that excites us. Just talk yourself into truly making this trip about the others and let them kind of guide you. Have a great trip and we look forward to hearing all the fun details upon your return!:mickey:

spoiledraf
05-29-2011, 11:22 PM
94- Offsite
98- ASMu
00- Offsite
04- DLR
06- Offsite
08- Offsite
10- ???? Who knows

As I look at your signature it shows; 2010 ??? who knows

You may have forgotten what year you are going. If you planned on 2010, you are a little late getting there! :D

Jen1984
05-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Oops! Will change it when I get back! didn't get a chance to go in 2010 unfortunately! Thank you for your comments, have had a chance to calm down now, and am really excited! Will be in Disney by end of the day!

Going2HeavenRU
05-30-2011, 11:06 AM
My only suggestion is to remember to take your time and don't be concerned if you don't see everything. I'm sure you all will have a great time.