PDA

View Full Version : Water bottles in the Parks

crmark1
05-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Is it ok to bring water bottles (mfg bottled water) into the four theme parks? I know Disney sells Dansani 20oz (I think). I was planning on buying and taking in with us Sams or Wal Mart brand.

dreamscometrue
05-28-2011, 12:28 PM
yes, you can definitely bring water bottles into the parks, no problem.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-28-2011, 02:45 PM
We do it all the time.
And see plenty of others dooing exactly the same thing. :thumbsup:

Basket Mommy
05-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Better yet, but a reusable bottle. Fill it up at night, refrigerate it, then take it with you and refill it at the water fountains. We did that for the first time our our trip this month and I loved it. You don't have the waste of the plastic bottles, and there are none left over when you're ready to leave. We always had at least 5 or 6 bottles left at the end of our stay.

PETE FROM NYC
05-28-2011, 03:53 PM
The only problem with refilling at the fountains is that VERY FEW are chilled. I found a couple chilled in Epcot, none in MK, DHS or AK.

awaggett
05-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I use a reuseable, Nalgene bottle all the time at home, but am not fond of the water in Orlando--actually most of Florida. I have heard of folks using Crystal light packets to cover the taste.

jillluvsdisney
05-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I think WDW tap water is nasty. Besides Crystal Light you could also try those new flavor drops. I think they are called MISO.

WDWfanatic742
05-28-2011, 09:50 PM
I think WDW tap water is nasty.

Florida tap water in general is pretty nasty and that's coming from someone who has lived here my entire (short) life...

Basket Mommy
05-28-2011, 11:27 PM
I did notice that Epcot seemed to be the only park with chilled water from the fountains, but when you're thirsty it doesn't matter (at least to me). Besides, your water bottle is going to get warm in your backpack anyway, even if you freeze it before you leave.

I have seen people say that the water tastes awful, but I have never noticed a difference. I drink water almost exclusively (except for a couple of cups of coffee) and I can't tell that FL water tastes funny. It smells different, but that smell doesn't translate to taste for me.

AmandaChan
05-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Besides, your water bottle is going to get warm in your backpack anyway, even if you freeze it before you leave. .

What about if you use stainless steel water bottles?? I bought a couple of them and I was wondering if anyone used them and do they keep the temperature pretty well? You can put those in a refrigerator can't you?

ransam
05-29-2011, 04:49 AM
i always take the refillable mugs from the resorts, and you can ask any counter service or resturant to fill it w/ ice...it turns into cold water

Disney-4-Me
05-29-2011, 08:44 AM
I like to freeze a bottle about 3/4 of the way full of water then fill it the rest of the way when I'm ready to go. I don't like the taste of FL water so I buy a large bottle in the resort shop. At least it saves a little money and my water stays cold a little longer.;)

TikiGoddess
05-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Counter service restaurants will give you LARGE cup of water with ice for free. I'm fairly sure it's filtered water (comes from the soda fountain) - we always get water this way and it tastes fine. And I'm picky about water.

Kathy