PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations Music...

White Rose
05-27-2011, 11:38 PM
I feel so dumb for asking this, but because my trips to Disney have been so sporadic and far apart over the years, I'm really unsure....

I've decided to hold me off until my next trip in January 2012, I'd love to own the music to Illuminations...unfortunately, all the albums I can find on Amazon and other sites say it's from 2000. :confused:

Is the Illuminations music I heard when I saw the show in January 2011 the same music from 2000? If someone could enlighten me, that would be great. And if not, if they could PM a place to buy the proper album, I'd be much obliged!

WDWfanatic742
05-28-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm not as up-to-date on this stuff as I used to be so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I did some research so I think this is right...

The musical score for the show itself hasn't changed since it started in 1999. They've been doing holiday and special occasion editions (like Epcot's 25th) since '04/'05, I can't remember for sure, but I don't think that's what you are looking for. The pre-show music has definately changed since 2000, pretty sure it was in 2004 as that's when most of my collection is split. So anything before then isn't being used anymore.

Kinda off topic, but this reminds me that I have SO much Illuminations stuff in my collection that I need to sort out...:(

Dsnygirl
05-28-2011, 04:58 AM
I just went to the Amazon site myself, to see if the CD they have is the same one I have, and it is. (Has Tapestry of Dreams on it, as well as Promise and We Go On...)

I bought mine at Disney two years ago b/c I LOVE the Illuminations show and musical score, and I've found the CD to be exactly the same as what is being played currently at Disney. :cloud9:

I think you'll be happy with it! :)

Ian
05-28-2011, 07:21 AM
The score for the Reflections of Earth show itself has not changed since the show debuted in 1999, however, the pre-show music did change back in 2004.

If you just want ths show score, the CD's you're looking at will be fine.

DizneyRox
05-28-2011, 10:34 AM
There are three possible CDs that most people have access to...

1. From an energizer promotion that has a recreation for lack of a better description of the CD. I have a descriptions of this which is as follows:

WALT DISNEY WORLD - YEARLONG MILLENNIUM CELEBRATION

[1] 17:09 Acceleration
Chaos
Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand
The Sage of Time Prologue
Millennium Heartbeat
The Great Millennium Walk
Life
Adventure
Home
Celebration
We Go On

Promotional CD - Energizer Batteries
Release date: 2000
Total Running Time: 17:09

Note: The version of "We Go On" on this disc is not the version heard in the original IllumiNations 2000 show.

2. The above was very similar to the Official release from 1999 called: Walt Disney World Millennium Celebration. It has 5 tracks:

1. Reflections of Earth
2. We Go On
3. Tapestry of Nations
4. Promise
5. Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand (the theme song for the Millennium Celebration)I find this to be my favorite as I prefer Tapestry of Nations over Tapestry of Dreams.

3. After the Millennium Celebration, a new CD was released which is almost identical called: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth / Tapestry of Dreams.

1. Reflections of Earth
2. We Go On
3. Tapestry of Dreams
4. Promise
They changed track 3 as mentioned to Tapestry of Dreams and eliminated the Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand track which was is one of my favorite Disney songs of all time.

I would hold out for the 1999 release with Tapestry of Nations if you can, all three have the Illuminations show on them however.

There are a number of non official versions in circulation as well, recreations, cast rehersal CDs, etc. All of them worth a google or two.

Tink#64
05-29-2011, 02:51 AM
I bought my IllumiNations CD last year, maybe in MouseGear ?, and I love it! I have part of that sound clip as my ring tone on my cell phone! I love that music & it puts me in Epcot whenever I hear it! I've been listening to it driving home from work everyday since we booked our trip last week! We'll be there 4 weeks from today! :cloud9: