PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Side" of World Showcase

Red Randal
05-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Was listening to a lot of World Showcase area music over the past couple days and it really got me wishing I could hop a plane to Orlando right now.

So in the spirit of living vicariously, what's everyone's favorite "side" of World Showcase?

The East Side (Mexico, Norway, China, Outpost, Italy, Germany) or The West Side (Canada, UK, France, Morocco, Japan)?

I have to lean towards the West Side. It has some of my favorite shopping in Japan and Morocco, the thoroughly awesome Rose & Crown Pub in the UK, great bands like Mo'Rockin, Off Kilter, and the dearly departed British Invasion, not to mention Rose & Crown's Hat Lady. There's Le Cellier and their Canadian cheddar cheese soup, the underrated Kronenbourg 1664 beer in France, and even the International Gateway!

You can use any criteria you'd like to decide your favorite. Vote in the poll then tell us why...and then join me in wishing you were there right now, waiting for Illuminations to start.

Madame Leona
05-27-2011, 04:59 PM
We always hit Mexico, Norway, Cananda, UK and France and skip the rest :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-27-2011, 07:05 PM
West side ... just love the UK pavillion, and the new Canada movie :), not to mention Off Kilter.

jillluvsdisney
05-27-2011, 07:20 PM
We always seem to go to the west side first. We love the movies in Canada and France and always try to catch Off Kilter and the British Invasion.

We don't eat in Mexico or China although we love Italy and used to eat in Norway before they made it a character meal. We are trying that again this year for my Mom's birthday. The want to princesses to fawn over her 73 year old lovliness.

SandmanGStefani24
05-27-2011, 08:48 PM
We always seem to go to the west side first. We love the movies in Canada and France and always try to catch Off Kilter and the British Invasion.

Same here! Ever since day one, I always started right and worked left. Not sure why either. I can't imagine going "backwords" ever. So obviously I voted West.

Although I do stop in every country. I love the WS so much and it is one of the best parts of my trip.

Fastpasssteve
05-28-2011, 12:45 AM
This is a difficult one. I am a Norwegian-American, so I love Norway...and I love the Biergarten in Germany. I spent several summers in Italy singing in an opera festival, so that is special.

However, I love Japan and Morocco for their exotic nature (in my Western Culture eyes) and love champagne (Thank you, France) and love Le Cellier and STEAK!!!

They all have their charm.

JasonH
05-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Man this was a tough one for me b/c I really like every country in its own way. But I had to go with the side that has my fave country of all.....East side with Norway. :thumbsup:

Love the food, love the people, love the music....I'm just gonna have to go there someday. :D

WDW24
05-28-2011, 02:40 PM
West side... It just has a better feel about it. In my mind, the pavilions are the most interesting and charming in WS. :)

Altair
05-28-2011, 03:11 PM
The outside.;):mickey:

WDWgoofy
05-28-2011, 06:55 PM
This was easy -- westside!

Off-kilter, French food, Japanese Garden, Canadian Rockies and gardens and Int'l gateway!

darthmacho
05-28-2011, 07:15 PM
For me, Mexico is my favorite pavilion, and Norway is second, so that tips the balance towards the East side.

Ian
05-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Definitely East Side for me ... my favorite pavilions are Mexico, Italy, and Norway so it's a no brainer.

Bellerella
05-28-2011, 08:41 PM
This one was really hard! My favorites are kind of in the middle, going to both East and West. France, Morocco, Japan, Italy, Germany, and China. So it is a 50/50! I chose to vote for the East side though, because I prefer Norway and Mexico to UK and Canada. The only pavilion I don't care for is USA. But basically when I am at World Showcase, I am a happy camper anywhere! :cloud9: :mickey:

beksy
05-29-2011, 10:47 PM
My favorite areas are Mexico and Norway so I had to go with the East side. I always seem to spend more time on that side.

Mickey91
05-29-2011, 11:36 PM
We love Mexico, Norway and Germany!:mickey:

DisneyorBust
05-30-2011, 05:25 AM
This is a very difficult poll! My vote went to the East side of the World Showcase, as it has my favorite pavillion, Germany.
Like others have said, each pavillion has it's own unique charm to draw us in.

johnO
05-30-2011, 08:59 AM
I love the west side. UK, Canada, Japan, France, Morocco. I feel most "at home" in these areas.

:mickey:

Gator
05-30-2011, 12:35 PM
This is a close one for me, and I'm suprised to see it so close in the vote. I lean to the East Side. It has my favorite restaurant - Akershus; my favorite WS ride - Maelstrom; my kid's favorite WS ride - Three Caballeros; and it's my favorite side to view Illuminations.

The West, with World Showcase Players and Teppen Edo, is great. But with Le Cellier going to 2 TS Credits, it dips below the East Side as I probably won't be enjoying Canada as much as before.

RAIDER
05-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Another vote for the "west side "
The restauarants just shade it for me

AgentC
05-31-2011, 07:52 AM
This was a hard decision. My favorites are Norway, Germany, Japan and the UK, but my kids and husband loves playing the drums at the Outpost and I love the pizza at Via Napoli, so I had to give the East side the edge.

wildernesslady
05-31-2011, 09:30 AM
I can't pick one. I love them all!!!!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-31-2011, 09:51 AM
I went with the eastside for overall although I love the UK pavilion and the food at LeCellier...

Red Randal
05-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Wow...I'm surprised to see how close this vote is. Glad I got everybody thinkin.

I also find it interesting how many people said their favorite is where they "start" touring.

I suppose this makes sense from the standpoint that you go first so you don't miss them, but I always start in Mexico and work my way around, ending the day in my favorites in UK and Canada. I guess this is because part of what I love is eating and drinking in Rose & Crown, which is a lot more practical at 7pm than noon, haha.

jnfr2424
05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
I picked the West Side because I usually enter Epcot from the International Gateway! So I am really familiar with that area!

kangan2roos2
06-02-2011, 12:26 PM
We always start in France having a chocolate croissant for a snack and then end up going around at least twice:)

BWayGrl
06-02-2011, 03:26 PM
I was set on saying the East side was my favorite, but when I started reading all of the posts it really made it difficult to decide!

I love the atmosphere of the Mexico pavillion and the boat ride (although I preferred El Rio del Tiempo), and I love Maelstrom at the Norway pavillion. I always loved walking around Morocco as well.

But I also love the atmosphere of France and the UK. And yes, Le Cellier is wonderful!