PDA

View Full Version : 4 Parks in 1 Day - EASY!!!

SpaceMountainManiac
05-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Come on - its not hard! Choose wisely, go counter clockwise around the Magic Kingdom, headliners only, 1 ride at AK ( just to see that Yeti! ), Single Ride lines when you can , Headliners at Epcot, a couple at Disney Studios and YOU'RE DONE !! Get a (proper) beer at the Rose and Crown and phone the Red phone booths!! Can you think of other itineries???

cuteduck223
05-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I just did this!! It was our last day of vacation...and we had a few things we wanted to do...or do again. There were 7 of us total--my parents, brother, DH and our 2 DD's. DD1 is 14. DD2 is 2.

We started at AK for an early breakfast with Donald at Tusker house. We then all took a 2 week safari. Did a little shopping, rode the dinosaur equivalent of dumbo one last time, headed back to Fort Wilderness where my parents and brother began to pack. Left DD2 for a little downtime and rest.

We took DD1 to HS for the rest of the morning. Toy story, Muppets, Lunch, lights motor action.

Dropped off DD1 to finish homework and switched her for a well rested DD2 and headed off to MK. train ride, Dumbo, pooh, carousel, ice cream snack, and liberty riverboat. pictures as the sun is going down on main street.

Boat back to the cabin for a quick dinner (burgers on the grill) then its EVERYONE off to EPCOT just in time for illuminations. EMH then allows us to test track, spaceship earth, soarin, and umm...figment. pictures in front of the pretty ball.

Now, we did use EMH to complete our 4 parks in one day--but we also stopped at the cabin between parks. It's all about the planning. It allowed us to spend a little time with each of the girls alone, and was probably one of the best days of the trip!:mickey:

Pirate Granny
05-27-2011, 03:49 PM
There was a challenge a few years ago... 4 parks one day, two meals in the parks....we completed the Sunday after memorial day. First to AK at rope drop...EE, Safari and dinosaur...off to the studios...ToT, RRC and yep, toy story was open for a soft opening...lunch at the backlot..off to GF for a quick dip in the pool...then to EPCOT...one country ride, MS and TT and of course the BIG BALL, monorail to GF...short swim...off to MK dinner at Pinochio's , and the three mountains...DONE...you had to do three big-time rides at each park and one country at EPCOT. and just so you know how tired we were... we were at a Disney wedding the night before and didn't get in to the GF until 2am the night before this 4 park day....makes me tired to write this, but brings many smiles and good
memories.

cuteduck223
05-27-2011, 04:01 PM
it was really pretty fun :) as long as you aren't expecting to do EVERYTHING, its a great way to experience as much magic as a day can hold.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-27-2011, 06:25 PM
DD and I had a blast doing our version of this on our last trip. DH was off on a tour, so we did the "world" in a day.

MK 1st - pirates league, Haunted Mansion and PeopleMover.

Then, the monorail to Epcot for lunch and a trip with Figment and a trip through time in the "big ball".

Then, the boat to DHS and the Great Movie Ride (and I think some popcorn), and finally the bus to AK for some time at Chester & Hester's.

It was a great day, and we're already scheming what the plan will be on the next trip ;)

chellbell
05-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Did something like that about two weeks ago. We went for a quick weekend trip to look at schools and made a day for disney. But we only made it to three parks (plane was delayed and didn't get into the hotel room until 3 am so no early morning for us). We started at Epcot then the Studios and ended at MK with EMH. It was blast and because my cousin is a CM, we were able to go for free! Couldn't ask for more. :)

Fastpasssteve
05-28-2011, 12:40 AM
I did something this foolish a few years ago: I tried to see everything in the Uffizi Museum in Florence in one day. Can I say that I walked the entire thing in one day? Yes. Did I see and truly experience everything? Obviously no!

I've been on enough whirlwind tours in Europe to know that that only leads to frustration and lack of enjoyment.

I'm not one that wants to skim...I would rather go to one or two parks in a day during a 7 day stay. I need to see and enjoy it all.

Good luck to those who have the spirit and desire to do this!

Scar
05-28-2011, 07:00 AM
This seems like a good place to plug my trip report (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=176609) from last year. :beer:

SmallWorldBobby
05-28-2011, 02:37 PM
It is definitely fun to do and gives you bragging rights, but I agree with Fastpasssteve...a lot of the enjoyment is lost. A whirlwind tour of the World is only recommended for those that have done proper visits (which I assume all of us have done).

My usual routine for a 4-park day is as follows...

-Wake up around 1:30pm and get to the park around 3pm (I'm a lazy, lazy man)
-Hit AK first. The marquee shows are possible if you plan your day right. I've done Dinosaur, Everest, Lion King, and Nemo and made it work.
-HS is usually next. ToT and RR are the main rides here, but RR can hold you up due to the stupidly slow line. Toy Story can be done if you're lucky or if you get a FastPass at a convenient time.
-Epcot has Mission: Space and a couple other minor attractions. Honestly I don't spend much time here when I'm crunched for time.
-Finish at MK due to the later closing time and the overall charm of nighttime in the Kingdom. I usually have time for the 3 Mountains, Pirates, and a nostalgic gem or two.

To sum up, if you started on time when the park opens (a rarity anymore for me) and go at a time off-peak, you can do pretty much everything you want at all 4 parks. The key is to prioritize and avoid longer lines. A long line not only saps time, but also energy.

Disney-4-Me
05-29-2011, 09:00 AM
You guys make this sound easy AND fun! I've never attempted this, but I'll take it as a challenge for our next long trip!

Daisy'sMom
05-29-2011, 10:10 AM
We not only did the quad, but added universal studios to boot. Of course, we were a few years younger and could move faster:mickey: