View Full Version : Coronado Springs

DVC2004
05-26-2011, 04:24 PM
We are using our DVC points there (long story) and this will be our first stay:

-What's the best section?
-I heard there were remodeled rooms?
-Is there a pool bar?
-any must-sees?

We are a family of four with two boys 12 and 14. We do plan to spend one day at the pool. We do also have a car so don't need to be close to the bus stop or anything.

Melanie
05-26-2011, 05:01 PM
My favorite section is Cabanas. It's a short walk to both the main pool area (which is awesome) and El Centro. Yes, there is a pool bar. :marg::beer:

All rooms have been remodeled. They have queen beds and a nice sink area with a sliding wooden door, which I think trumps all the other mods with their curtains.

CSR is a beautiful resort at night. Take the time to enjoy.

DVC2004
05-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Wow, queen beds? Love that- and the wooden door sound slike a great addition. Thanks!:mickey:

Melanie
05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow, queen beds? Love that- and the wooden door sound slike a great addition. Thanks!:mickey:

Both ammenities should suit your boys well. ;)

DVC2004
05-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Both ammenities should suit your boys well. ;)

Ha ha, yes! It's really all about me!:blush:

Melanie
05-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Ha ha, yes! It's really all about me!:blush:

Well, as it should be. I know, being outnumbered as a mother of boys as well. :D

btharvey
05-27-2011, 07:13 AM
For the longest time, Coronado Springs was the only moderate with queen beds ... owing probably to the convention business.

big blue and hairy
05-27-2011, 08:12 AM
We are using our DVC points there (long story) and this will be our first stay:

-What's the best section?
It really depends on your taste. When DW and I stayed in Casitas we thought that was the best section, Then we stayed in Cabanas and we loved that section, so...they're all good.

-I heard there were remodeled rooms?All of them, check out the pics on most any WDW site

-Is there a pool bar?Yes, a really nice one, and as far as I know the only one at which you can use the refillable mugs

-any must-sees?Pretty much the entire resort. The pool area is terrific. As said earlier the resort is beautiful at night, but hey, it's beautiful during the day!

We are a family of four with two boys 12 and 14. We do plan to spend one day at the pool. We do also have a car so don't need to be close to the bus stop or anything.As I said, the pool area is terrific, and there are lots of bus stops, so you shouldn't be far from one wherever you are, enjoy!

:sulley:

Melanie
05-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Just found a room pic I took a few months ago. I love the colors/decor in these rooms!

DVC2004
05-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah the new rooms look amazing! I really hadn't known there were queen beds here until you all informed me, so I am really happy about that. Only 8 more days to go until we get to experience it for ourselves!

johnO
05-30-2011, 09:48 AM
We loved building 8

artyboy
05-30-2011, 01:01 PM
We loved the Cabanas...it seemed less busy than Casitas. Take the time to kick back in one of the hammocks after a day in the parks...and grab a :marg:

DisneyFr33k
05-30-2011, 01:20 PM
My favorite section is Cabanas. It's a short walk to both the main pool area (which is awesome) and El Centro. Yes, there is a pool bar. :marg::beer:

All rooms have been remodeled. They have queen beds and a nice sink area with a sliding wooden door, which I think trumps all the other mods with their curtains.

CSR is a beautiful resort at night. Take the time to enjoy.

:exactly::ditto:

We stayed there for the first time last October. I read up on the resort, all the positives and negatives, one being it is so large. We loved it! We stayed in the Cabanas - right next to a bus stop with a view of the beautiful lake out our front window. Also, our building was right next to the laundry facility, which was nice as we needed to do laudry before leaving to go to Universal.

When we go back again, we'll plan on staying here, unless other moderates are upgrading to queens. I hear Port Orleans is upgrading? Is this true?