PDA

View Full Version : The Wave....

Disdad13
05-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about The Wave at Contemporary? We have never been there before and thought we would give it a try on our Sept. trip, but would love to hear some reviews on it from people who have been there. We have a dinner reservation, so I am more interested in dinner reviews than in breakfast, etc. Thanks in advance!

Ms. Mode
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm curious about the Wave too! We have dinner reservations for mid August. :thumbsup:

awaggett
05-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I ate there this past fall--the food was GREAT! I remember having a really good salad with seasonal veggies on it. I didn't love the atmosphere--the bar area was cool, but the actual restaurant was just eh. I would definitely go back.

faline
05-26-2011, 02:25 PM
We've eaten there twice. The first time we ate at the bar because we were without dinner reservations and couldn't secure one elsewhere. The food was excellent! It was because of that experience that we actually made reservations for our next trip.

I ordered the same dish because I liked it so well the first time. On that occasion, I found the food to be not as good - don't know if I just hit an off day or what but we haven't been back since.

HackLaSalle
05-26-2011, 05:59 PM
I love The Wave. The food I had was fantastic. My waiter was so attentive and I just really enjoyed the whole atmosphere. If you're a big coffee drinker we had fresh brewed french pressed coffee there with our dessert just incredible. Speaking of the desserts they usually do a cute little dessert trio for your choices.

It's also one of the WDW restaurants that's focused on Sustainability and goes as fresh and organic as possible. I will return again again and again.

Itchy
05-26-2011, 06:00 PM
I have eatten at the WAVE twice, The first time in December and just recently on May 6th.

December was out of this world and May excellent.

The filet minon was so good I rated it as good or better than Cali Grill. In May they had changed the menu ( the filet was still there ) but I opted for the beef tenderloin. This was very good but not as good as the filet.

My lady friend had the filet the first time and halibut recently. She is a fish lover and rated it very highly.

Bottom line very good food and will do it again.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

TinkerbellsMom
05-26-2011, 09:29 PM
We ate there in December and really enjoyed it and look forward to going back in Sept. The food was excellent - I had the filet and DH had the pork tenderloin. The dessert trio was also delicious. The atmosphere was nothing special, kind of bland, and the service was on the slower side for Disney as we were not rushed our for the next diner.

TheRustyScupper
05-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Our Ratings of Wave Dinner: (rev 4/16/2011)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The Wave is one of those dependable WDW
eateries, with good quality. The dinner entrées
are a little overpriced. Service is spotty. (The
breakfast buffet is one of the best kept secrets
in WDW for price and quality.)

pox24
05-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Sorry to be a pooper, but the Wave was a big disappointment. My wife never sends a meal back, there she did. Mine was barely edible. We did give it another chance earlier this year, however nothing had changed. We won't be going back. The only place where we had a worse experience was the buffet at the Swan, Garden Grove...:ack:

tdk316
05-28-2011, 08:03 PM
We stop by here often as they have amazing mojitos, and offer to-go cups... :blush:

The food is ok but nothing to write home about. We have eaten at the bar a couple of times while watching a game, although we've never eaten in the restaurant part. I don't think you'll be disappointed as long as you don't expect the same caliber of food you'd get at the California Grill or one of the more swanky locations.

SusieQ
05-29-2011, 03:19 PM
We tried The Wave for the first time last summer and thoroughly enjoyed our evening, relaxed atmosphere and fabulous steaks.

Disney-4-Me
05-29-2011, 09:13 PM
I've never eaten there but I've sure had a few drinks in the bar at the end of a long, long, long day! They make great drinks!:marg:

Suzi Q
05-31-2011, 06:21 PM
We ate there last November...my husband loved it, me, not so much, but I knew going in it would not be something I would really enjoy menu wise but went so he could try it..I'm a meat & potatoes girl, he's a try anything and everything adventurer. The service was absolutely wonderful.

MagicalGuest
05-31-2011, 09:56 PM
We love the Wave! It's on our must-do list for every trip. I've gotten the filet on our two most recent trips and it's been fabulous. In fact, call me crazy, but I liked the filet at the Wave better than Le Cellier. As others have noted, it's a bit short on atmosphere, but we've never had a bad meal there; even the kids like it.

John
06-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Head to the podcasts here on INTERCOT and find the one with the WAVE in the show notes.

Not impressed at all. Liked the lobby and the lounge but the overall feeling was of a forced, slightly upscale Denny's. Menu was a bit confused and the food wasn't much better. My steak was horrible. I did enjoy the flight of Pinot though.

Just one guys opinion. Gary who ate there with me felt much the same.

RAIDER
06-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Weve eaten their twice .Once for lunch and once for dinner.
Lunch doesnt really have a varied menu ,but dinner the menu is far better. I would reccomend the lamb shank .
Its an ok place in my view .....:thumbsup: