PDA

View Full Version : Discount Disney Tickets anywhere??

brianjdu4
05-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Any ideas on how I don't have to mortgage the house for disney park tickets?

caryrae
05-26-2011, 11:37 AM
You can try the sponsor site http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC but I don't know of any place where you will save a ton of money. Maybe others will know.

Sponsor site example a 5 day hopper is $304 and a 5 day hopper on Disney site is $310 there is also the added cost of shipping if you want it shipped home ($8 for sponsor, $5 for Disney site or no cost if picking up)

DizneyRox
05-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I don't think Disney understands that people can't refinance their houses for tickets anymore.

As mentioned, the only way to get tickets is to pay for them, and even "discounted" tickets are rarely discounted significantly. And the rarely comes with a caveat. For example, some might argue the DVC discount is a significant discount, yet it comes with a hefty price tag of DVC ownership. You can also join the military, but unless that's already part of your 5 year plan, I'm not sure that would qualify.

There may be some timeshares in the Orlando area still offering free tickets for their badgering sessions, however I'm not sure I would ever suggest anyone go for the "free" tickets.

My advice would be to shop around and see who's cheaper. But make sure you're comparing apples to apples. Get prices either pre-tax or post-tax and use that. You WILL pay tax on them, but some places seem to advertise prices without the tax, and some with. Everyone charges Fl State tax on the tickets (cept maybe the military ones).

brivers222
05-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Search google for monthly news letters which give you discount tickets...

PETE FROM NYC
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
What DVC discount???
The only DVC discounted ticket is the annual pass, not the single or multi-day passes.
Last year I was able to get a discount through AAA, but I don't remember how much of a discount.

caryrae
05-26-2011, 04:10 PM
This is what the AAA website says:

Save 10%

At Walt Disney World, AAA Members save up to 10% when you purchase theme park tickets in advance at your local AAA travel agency.

DVC2004
05-26-2011, 04:20 PM
What DVC discount???
The only DVC discounted ticket is the annual pass, not the single or multi-day passes.
Last year I was able to get a discount through AAA, but I don't remember how much of a discount.

There isn't one on tickets unless something changed? Only Annual Passes. There should be on tickets though, too.

Sylvia
05-26-2011, 11:13 PM
You can also join the military, but unless that's already part of your 5 year plan, I'm not sure that would qualify.

Everyone charges Fl State tax on the tickets (cept maybe the military ones).

DoD Civilian employees are also eligible to purchase tickets at your local ITT/MWR office, or at Shades of Green. I purchase my Annual Pass Certificate every year at SoG and pay the face price of the pass; however, there is no tax charged, so there is a savings. You must show a valid CAC or military ID when purchasing tickets/passes at SoG.

DizneyRox
05-27-2011, 09:37 AM
What DVC discount???
Correct. DVC only gets a discount on the AP, and it's significant at $100 or so. That's around 20-25%, much higher than any other discount available, including the CM discount. For the most part, it's around the 10% mark and varies without a couple bucks depending on who.

Disney admisstion is just plain expensive. It's probably THE most expensive part of our vacations For our family (2 adults and 1 child) we spend over $1200 on tickets. A little over $1000 on food, and a little over $1000 on accomodations. Airfare was about $600 if I recall correctly.

We're spending less than that on our upcoming cruise.

jnfr2424
05-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Does anyone you know get discounts from their job? Our job has Tickets at Work that has discounted tickets for Disney. To give you an ideal of the discount: a 7day adult park hopper is $301 +tax and with Tickets at Work its $285 + tax

Buttercup
05-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Does anyone you know get discounts from their job? Our job has Tickets at Work that has discounted tickets for Disney. To give you an ideal of the discount: a 7day adult park hopper is $301 +tax and with Tickets at Work its $285 + tax
My husband works in the media and gets free passes, so does that count as getting them through your job? The only problem is, they check his ID at guest services so he can't get free passes for other people's vacations. But if you know anyone who works in TV or Radio, invite them along on your trip!
There are some other deals like "kids stay & play free" which gets kids in free.
I dunno, it's just something you have to save up for as part of your trip. In all honesty, when you compare the costs of WDW to a vacation elsewhere in the world, (to include costs of entertainment, day trips, etc.) it's sort-of comparable I think.
You could also sacrifice some days at the parks to just hang out at your hotel or explore other areas of WDW so that's another way to save. So you don't necessarily NEED passes for every day you're there (although it sure would be nice).

VWL Mom
05-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Search google for monthly news letters which give you discount tickets...

We get this newsletter, just bought adult 6day PH for $289 tax/shipping incl.

Fastpasssteve
05-28-2011, 01:23 AM
I have found greater value in staying for a longer period of time. With each added day of your stay, the price/day of your park ticket goes down.

Some people split their time between Disney, Universal Studios, and Sea World. The cost for these individual tickets is very high on a daily basis.

I am a Disney purist and plan to visit Disney parks exclusively, therefore I get a better deal on extended stay passes.

Perhaps some year I will go to Universal, which also has a sliding scale for multi-day passes...but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Also, I believe Disney is the best. In the Midwest we had a saying: "You get what you pay for." It's true.

princessjojo
05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
The hospital I work for offers discounts for US/IOA, but not WDW. That said,we were just "aquired" by a large teaching university hospital who DOES offer discounts. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of it, assuming they keep it since the discounts do change year to year.

dreamscometrue
05-28-2011, 12:35 PM
yes, the tickets can really add up, especially if you have a larger family! The way we look at it is we buy at least a 7 day ticket, which averages then to about $35/day? Which for going to a Disney park is a pretty good deal, compared to some local parks that charge $30/day.
For discounts, check for newsletters that you can subscribe to, and they may offer a slight discount (like $10/ticket, but anything helps) and no shipping.
Ticket prices are the one reason we do either a Disney trip or a Universal trip.

magicalmom
05-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Remember, the multi-day tickets are seriously front-loaded, in terms of cost. You're better off to buy 10 days than 3, 4, or 5, and those extra days don't cost much more. The best discount we found was through Official Tickets, then we bought 10 days when we were only going for 5, and ponied up for the no expiration option. We used the other five during two quick trips later on. In the end I think we got 10 days of admissions for maybe $25 per day.

brivers222
06-02-2011, 09:56 AM
We get this newsletter, just bought adult 6day PH for $289 tax/shipping incl.

Yeah i never shop anywhere else now... i have got tickets from them twice now and my parents once... if it wasn't for a MYW package, i would be buying from them again!

dizneydeb22
06-02-2011, 10:18 AM

My husband has the same benefit of Tickets At Work. I have found when comparing, they have offered the best discount. BUT, beware of the time line and expiration dates of the offers. :wave:

Imagineer1981
06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
ah, remember the good old days when tickets never expired. Those were the days

Figment104
06-09-2011, 01:05 PM
GM also has discounted tickets for it's employees, however, they don't have every length of ticket, they do have most of them though. Maybe has something to do with Test Track and prior to the World of Motion sponsorship.

princessgirls
06-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Honestly, other than the Ticket Center that advertises here on Intercot and maybe AAA, I wouldn't trust anyplace else!!!

DO NOT BE FOOLED AND BUY TICKETS ON E-BAY!!

Also, don't trust any little advertising you can find on Google that says "Free Disney Tickets". It's a lure for time-share and NOT worth your time for a 1 day 1 park pass.

Have you thought about a package?? Room rates are really good in the value season, and Disney is currently offering a promo which includes free dining if you book within a certain time. Although the tickets aren't discounted, when you factor in the lodging and food, it tends to be a little less expensive than doing things "ala carte".

Good Luck!
Julie:mickey: