PDA

View Full Version : POP - shampoo, conditioner, alarm clock?

idreamofdisney
05-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Do they have any or all of the following in the rooms at POP - shampoo, condioner, alarm clock? Thanks. I'm trying to pack as little as possible.

McLiberal8
05-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Yes, to all 3.
Also, don't forget the GREAT Disney wake-up calls you can schedule! If there is anything you forgot, sometimes the front desk will have small amenities, as well. :mickey:

lylone
05-25-2011, 02:18 PM
I always bring my own conditioner. The stuff they have dries out my hair and is impossible to get out of tube....

brownie
05-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Also, don't forget the GREAT Disney wake-up calls you can schedule! If there is anything you forgot, sometimes the front desk will have small amenities, as well. :mickey:

They weren't so great on our trip last year. We received the wake-up calls without a problem but the calls themselves would cut off the sound track if it played it at all.

alaMode
05-25-2011, 07:47 PM
When we stayed at Pop, they provided 2 in 1 shampoo + conditioner-not my favorite, so I brought my own stuff the next time.

WDWdreamer87
05-25-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't know if POP has it, but I know the other values (All-Star) have a store which has EVERYTHING you need if you perhaps forget to pack something.

Every room comes with a hairdryer as well, and although they are small, they are powerful!

Iron and Ironing board in each room too.

:D

Tink#64
05-26-2011, 12:36 AM
The wake up calls are recorded messages from various characters, albeit, it seems last year most where from Stitch! lol But if the purpose is to wake you, the calls are always prompt!

There are the small sample size bottles of shampoo/conditioner, but I never rely on those, sorry, yes this is WDW, but not these aren't the products we're used to from home! :ack:

But the blow dryer can stay home, as that's more standard! I say that, but I'm spoiled to mine, (can you say OCD?) so I bring everything except the iron & ironing board! lol :blush:

eeyorepoohfan
05-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Agreed with everything above. We stayed at POP in December 2009 and 2010. There is an alarm clock, which I would often set as a backup to the wake up call (just in case). I always pack my own shampoo and conditioner. I have sensitive skin and those combo shampoo and conditioners do not treat me well. At the very least, I would take my own conditioner. Have a great trip!

Eric87
05-29-2011, 09:49 AM
They provide all three as mentioned above and if the quality doesn't matter then you should be fine. If there are other things you are leaving behind, have you thought of shipping a small package to the resort a few days before your arrival? Our last trip we sent 2 boxes worth of stuff for my daughter that would be used in WDW and not brought home. If you send a box ground, the cost is very low and you don't have to worry about those items being checked at the airport and they'll be waiting for you at the resort.

chrim
05-30-2011, 03:34 AM
As of May 2011, Pop Century still provides small 2 in 1 (combination) shampoo and conditioner for guests.

And yes, there are radio alarm clocks, but not iPod docks.

SandmanGStefani24
05-31-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't know if POP has it, but I know the other values (All-Star) have a store which has EVERYTHING you need if you perhaps forget to pack something.

:D

Aint that the truth! Those guys have it all and are always extremely helpful!

Also gotta agree with the shampoo/conditioner situation. Unless you want frizzy hair pack your own conditioner or use gel. :D

Strangely enough i've never used the alarm clock, usually just my phone. One time I did use the wake up call just for the experience lol.