PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Stacey from the Disney tourist channels?

SpaceMountainManiac
05-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Stacey made my heart flutter slightly whenever I watched her on the tourist channel - she was never on enough
I just loved it when she was at Typhoon Lagoon and she used to say " Look at all these lazy people in the lazy river!"

UCJen
05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
My son would need to watch that every night before he fell asleep. Thank goodness we had a balcony so I didn't need to be around that.

Me, I'm less effusive about her.

I think she's like Marmite. ;)

SpaceMountainManiac
05-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Lol! Great! It was repeated again and again and again :ack: lol!!
She just became part of my memory of that vacation - it was better than "zippedoda (Disney) Tip for the Day" that played and played and played............

tiggerbuddy
05-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Yup !!! She was fantastic !!:number1:

olivegirl
05-24-2011, 07:31 PM
My DD loves watching her!!! She also loved the Appliance Direct guy also!!! We look on you tube to see stacy and the appliance guy!

MrPeetrie
05-24-2011, 08:05 PM
My DD8's favorite quote was:

"A little ditty I like to call a-summit, a-plummet."

Is she still on? We haven't been to WDW since 2007.

Tink#64
05-24-2011, 11:29 PM
My favorite line of hers was in reference to Epcot's WS food offerings, "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy..." !:D

ransam
05-25-2011, 12:14 AM
i've never even heard of her...someone want to help me out? ha

UCJen
05-25-2011, 12:26 AM
i've never even heard of her...someone want to help me out? ha

She's on the resort TV...Must See/DO Disney. She tours around WDW highlighting the things that are "Must Do."
She's in her 40s, brown hair, and very (too) perky. I think she's like nails on a chalkboard, but that's just me. I'm sure she's a nice person, but I find her a bit much.

She says little phrases and makes puns. She descibes IASM as "ca-lassic."

Ring a bell yet? ;)

ransam
05-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Looked her up on u-tube....i do remember late nights on Disney's tv seeing her....
I actually liked watching the videos...it makes me feel like i'm there.

Figaro
05-25-2011, 02:23 AM
As much as she might be a lil too perky for me sometimes, I always loved watching her on the WDW previews. A Disney vacation wasn't a Disney vacation without as soon as I got into the hotel, turning the TV on to the channel and watching Stacey around the resort. It's been YEARS since I've played tourist in Orlando and gotten to see her on the TV. Always fond memories though of the feeling of finally being there when I could turn on the TV and watch the must dos. I think I saw her once when I was working at BLT before it opened. I had finished doing a training session for an opening orientation for some of the cast members who would be intermixed with the opening team, and they did a shoot that morning. I thought I caught a glimpse of someone who looked like her while I was out and about the grounds. I think it might have been a DVC shoot, but the girl still either looked a lot like her, or was her.

MarkC
05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
For some unknown reason, the general consensus is that more guys watched her than girls. I'll let others on here figure out why.

I will say she is part of your stay at a Disney resort, but so have all the different hostesses over the years. Its just part of being at Disney.

alaMode
05-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Her show has been updated, but she's still there.

I admit she gets on my nerves, but she's always on when we're in the room...I think it's the channel that automatically comes on when you turn on the TV.

My favorite/most hated part of the show is when she's on EE and she says, "There doesn't seem to any track" with mock anxiety while pretending to bite her nails.

How about when she says "It's a small world!" while pretending to hold the IASW sign between her thumb and forefinger?

I smile because I'm at WDW...I cringe because her humor is so forced.

McLiberal8
05-25-2011, 10:53 AM
I love Stacey. She reminds me of some of my old co-workers at Starbucks. Just a *bit* too much coffee. :joy:

Google 'Stacey Disney World' and you will find you are not all alone in your love for her!

grumpyguy
05-25-2011, 11:10 AM
UNT-PRETZEL...UNT-BEER....
Stacey is/was very fun to watch:mickey:

Imagineer1981
05-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Kind of looks like my uncle Phil...

we love Stacey. She is on u-tube if you want to look her up. Great to watch those shows again!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
05-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Roller coaster.......Aerosmith.....Hellooooooo!!

I will have to agree with the above post that Stacey will be more popular with the gentelmen posters here. She is pretty easy on the eyes.

Ms. Mode
05-25-2011, 01:59 PM
We call her "Disney Chick" and the first thing we do when we get into our room is turn on "the Disney Chick". :)

Ryan Towle
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
For some unknown reason, the general consensus is that more guys watched her than girls. I'll let others on here figure out why.

I'll tell you why, it's cause she's smokin' hot!:thumbsup:

BigBaloo
05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
We liked Chrissa soooooo much more than Stacey.... She was even easier on the eyes :heart:

SBETigg
05-25-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm moving- so I'm procrastinating, trying to avoid packing- and I found her online Stacey J. Aswad. Her website features a resume. She was in college when I was, so she was in her thirties when she filmed the first WDW segments in 2005. She filmed a follow-up must do show more recently, where she seems more subdued, less perky (and introduces the previously filmed segments). I think she had the right energy for the project.

tiggerbuddy
05-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes !!!

My favorite line of hers was in reference to Epcot's WS food offerings, "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy..

or...

Pretels UND Beer !!!:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

HoosierDisneyFan
05-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Never could decide if she was 16, 26 or 36.

Have to admit that I would always watch...

DisneyaHolic
05-25-2011, 09:10 PM
but I actually really enjoyed her Seven Must Do's while getting ready to head out - always got me in the mood for the day. When we were there last December, I was happy to see that she had updated the show.

Tink#64
05-26-2011, 12:25 AM
OK, so I must be the minority, a female that actually likes Stacey! I like Perky! It's WDW - we should all be perky! I HOPE that she's still on resort TV when we get there in 4 weeks! LOL :blush:

To me Stacey's must do's are part of the whole WDW experience! LOL - She get's me in the mood - ha ha - for the Disney parks! Come on - get with the program! That's Disney's intention with Stacey - just silly excitement For WDW! :mickey:

JasonH
05-26-2011, 03:08 AM
I don't really remember her all that much to tell the truth. When I had seen they changed the show, I didn't really watch it. I always enjoyed the tv loop they played with the "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah tip for today!" spiel. Shame they don't have it anymore. I also miss the WDW Today station that more or less showed all the times for the park hours, show times for the parades, fireworks and other shows as well as times for other things to do in WDW. And it was all set to music only versions of many of the popular songs from classic movies, both live action and animated and also from select attractions. But lucky for me, I have the entire video loop for Zip-a-dee-doo-dah that I can watch anytime I want to AND most of the songs that were used for WDW Today. :thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
05-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Check out the comercial she did. search "grooler". She says, "It's a grill AND a cooler?!" It's pretty funny.

ChipNDale79
05-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Sorry Mickey, Sorry Mickey, Sorry Mickey....

I always say that when we see kids bouncing those balls in EPCOT.

johnO
05-26-2011, 10:37 AM
We love Stacy! "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy" and "Pretzels und Beer"!!!!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Although I do love Stacey, there were some drawbacks to watching her Must Dos several times a day, every day, for 10 days straight. For instance, my son (at the time was 5) would randomly say a "Stacey-ism" throughout the day back in "the real world" or as most call it, Oil City PA. At baseball practice ( thank goodness I was coaching and able to divert attention from his young ramblings). I remember he was trying out for minor league baseball and one of the kids was trying out and would fall down constantly and would roll on the ground and the entire tryout was quite theatrical. For whatever reason, the head coach who was judging talent, said to this boy, "Alright Indiana Jones, take a break". The next voice I heard was my son's who I could remember hearing clear as a bell, "Indiana Jones.....he's cute."

Thanks Stacey. Appreciate it sweetie!! :thumbsup:

debbymc4
05-26-2011, 12:01 PM
I love that they get her to film new clips when there are new attractions. So, when you watch the thing all the way through, she jumps back and forth between ages.

teamblackwell
05-26-2011, 01:21 PM
. But lucky for me, I have the entire video loop for Zip-a-dee-doo-dah that I can watch anytime I want to AND most of the songs that were used for WDW Today. :thumbsup:

That one is on my youtube favorites playlist also. "tip of the day, wonk wonk, wonk wonk"

IamBelle
05-26-2011, 08:00 PM
My DD loves watching her!!! She also loved the Appliance Direct guy also!!! We look on you tube to see stacy and the appliance guy!

OMG!!! We love the Appliance Direct guy too!! We were flipping channels and saw it...we counted how many commercials in a row that aired before something else came on...it was up in the thirties!!!

I liked Stacey too...so what replaced her?