PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at NorwaY

moe513
05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Is thew dinner at Akersus with all the Princess counts as 2 TS. Also, how is the food.???

Tnx:confused:

1EeyoreFan
05-24-2011, 07:27 PM
The dinner is only 1 credit for TS and includes a photo package with one of the princesses. We had Belle. We ate there in May for dinner and my husband had the salmon and myself and friend had beef tips over potatoes. The food was good. Not our favorite meal of the trip but DD and DF's son enjoyed the princess interaction. That was well worth it to me!

DAWS
05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
The food varies in quality - some of the items are quite good, and some are just so-so. I do love that you also get to enjoy a cold buffet, filled with salads, meats and cheeses.

The character interaction is really good, and we got some really great photos with my 85-year-old father.

darthmacho
05-25-2011, 03:25 PM
I thought it was 1 credit. We had the breakfast there last time, and the characters were lovely. I'd like to have dinner there someday, so far we've had a lunch and the aforementioned breakfast. Good luck!

cruzrmomma
06-05-2011, 07:08 PM
sorry to say-the food was ok, the 'cold' buffet was almost unedible for the kids. Not a very pretty restaraunt either-you get as much 'Princess' time as standing in line to see one! I would do Crystal Palace, even though it's not pricess! CRT is the best, but hard to get into! It was a lot of money, for strange food.

AgentC
06-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I can't answer on the dining plan. I always use the TIW card, but we have had dinner there as well as breakfast.

The food varies depending on what you order. My husband had the Norwegian meatballs and found them to be a bit strange. My mom and I had the pork and it was good. Food for the kids it is pretty basic which works well for mine. They had pizza and ravioli.

I thought the cold buffet was good especially if you like cheese. Everyone loved the desert sampler platter.

We had a very good experience with the characters. We had the photo package with Belle. (She is in her yellow ballgown). We also saw Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Arielle.

We would go back again but for the whole experience. There are better places to eat, but it is a great place if princesses are on your must do list.

moe513
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Thx. I made the adr but may have to cancel them because when we ate there back in 2005 my son had trouble touching the silverware. It felt strange almost like styrofoam or nails on a chalk board. Anybody have this experience??????????:)

AgentC
06-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Thx. I made the adr but may have to cancel them because when we ate there back in 2005 my son had trouble touching the silverware. It felt strange almost like styrofoam or nails on a chalk board. Anybody have this experience??????????:)

The silverware itself felt strange? Both of our trips were late last year and I didn't notice anything unusual. Seemed standard issue. Maybe they changed it.

moe513
06-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I know the silverware is a weird complaint but it definately was not normal back in 2005