PDA

View Full Version : Compact Digital Camera help please

MarkC
05-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I've got a Nikon D80 and 4 lenses, and a Samsung camcorder. However, we have some trips coming up that it would be nice to have a small digital camera that shoots decent video. I know Nikon, Canon, Sony and Panasonic all have good cameras that shoot video as well. Anyone have any experience, good or bad that you can share?

I'm interested in what you may have done differently if you had to do it over again. Were the photos or video not quite the quality you wanted? Did the video not focus well if there was a lot of movement? Are you totally happy with it? Since I already have a nice camera I don't want to spend more than $200-250. Thanks for any input.

Itchy
05-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Instead of a camera that shoots video, why dont you try one of the new fit in the palm of your hand digital camcorder. They are about the size of a small digital camera and can be bought for about the same price.

I believe that they use the same type of memory cards that go in the regular digital cameras.
Try doing a google search or which ever search engine you use and see what is out there. There should be reviews as well.

Hope this helps.. :mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
05-24-2011, 07:28 PM
We've had several Panasonic Lumix digitals that have video capability and absolutely LOVE it for trips. It's very easy to use easy and flip between settings. My latest is 3 years old and the only downside is that the video uses Quicktime so you can only video horizontally, not vertically. They may have fixed that in more recent models. We've never been disappointed in the pictures.

See lots of other folks using this brand too.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

catkrazy
05-25-2011, 01:12 PM
I love my Flipvideo Mino HD, it is super small and can fit in my pocket. Plus the video is in HD and super clear, and it is so easy to use and then just plugs into the USB to upload to your computer.

minnie-mouse
06-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Canon Powershot camera is compact and works really well. It takes great clear and colorful pics!