PDA

View Full Version : Little Mermaid AP Preview May 31-June 1

NotaGeek
05-24-2011, 04:32 PM
I just got an email announcing the AP Holder preview -- no sign up needed, just show your annual pass and ride!

I wanna go! :balloon:

LuvsTigger80
05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
i was waiting for this annoucement...the cm told me on sunday that they would be doing this...can't wait...:mickey:

tinkwest
05-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Ugh! I'll miss it by three days!

2Epcot
05-25-2011, 10:27 AM
This worked out well for me, because my AP preview for Star Tours is on June 1rst. I will be able to do both that day.

robnadina
05-25-2011, 12:40 PM
This worked out well for me, because my AP preview for Star Tours is on June 1rst. I will be able to do both that day.

Talk about perfect timing! :thumbsup:

mdhiggin
05-25-2011, 02:01 PM
What what what?! I'll be there then. I renewed my AP over the phone and won't get my new ticket numbers until I check in on Saturday, so I can't use the passholder site. Tell me what's going on, please. Is this ride at Fantasyland? Is the Star Tours thing available to any passholder or did you have to register for that one?

tinkwest
05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
What what what?! I'll be there then. I renewed my AP over the phone and won't get my new ticket numbers until I check in on Saturday, so I can't use the passholder site. Tell me what's going on, please. Is this ride at Fantasyland? Is the Star Tours thing available to any passholder or did you have to register for that one?

The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure is located in the Paradise Pier area of Disney California Adventure. Officially opening on 06/03.

Disneyland's Star Tours Passholder previews were disbursed through a random drawing. Winners have already been notified. Also scheduled to open officially on 06/03.

NewDVCowner
05-25-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm going to be there June 18th. I'm so excited!

mdhiggin
05-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Too bad for me. I'm going to Disney World. I thought they had some of the new Fantasyland stuff done and something for the STours 2 they just opened at DHS. I'll calm down now. Thanks.

Jared
05-26-2011, 10:51 AM
I thought I was looking forward to reading the reviews of the new attraction, but I'm not so sure anymore. Frankly, the Disney fan community has become such an angry, bitter, disgruntled group that it's almost impossible to maintain a reasonable level of excitement about any new project. The early comments I've read about Mermaid are overwhelmingly negative, typically stemming from what seems like ridiculously inflated expectations.

Let's all try to remember that this ride was not designed to be a game-changing "E-ticket." It is not supposed to rival Harry Potter in any capacity. It supposed to be a modern Fantasyland-style dark ride along the lines of Peter Pan's Flight and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I have no doubt it will satisfy those criteria.

Will there be problems and flaws to nitpick? Sure, of course. Ariel's ice-cream cone hair still looks a little strange, maybe some of the transitions are a little abrupt. But to declare the entire attraction a failure because the Triton Animatronic may look a little too young -- as many fan "reviewers" are doing across the Internet -- just shows the road we're going down.

Disney is far from perfect. That has been well documented. I think the fans are much worse.

2Epcot
05-26-2011, 11:15 PM
I completely agree with you Jared. The last few days there has been quite a bit of back an forth discussion on one of the other boards about the quality of the attraction. Many have said the same thing, that expectations were too high. Though other are comparing it to things Universal Orlando had done over the last 10 years. I just missed a soft opening today, so I still haven't been on it yet.

Lightning McQueen
05-27-2011, 12:01 AM
I thought I was looking forward to reading the reviews of the new attraction, but I'm not so sure anymore. Frankly, the Disney fan community has become such an angry, bitter, disgruntled group that it's almost impossible to maintain a reasonable level of excitement about any new project. The early comments I've read about Mermaid are overwhelmingly negative, typically stemming from what seems like ridiculously inflated expectations.

Let's all try to remember that this ride was not designed to be a game-changing "E-ticket." It is not supposed to rival Harry Potter in any capacity. It supposed to be a modern Fantasyland-style dark ride along the lines of Peter Pan's Flight and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I have no doubt it will satisfy those criteria.

Will there be problems and flaws to nitpick? Sure, of course. Ariel's ice-cream cone hair still looks a little strange, maybe some of the transitions are a little abrupt. But to declare the entire attraction a failure because the Triton Animatronic may look a little too young -- as many fan "reviewers" are doing across the Internet -- just shows the road we're going down.

Disney is far from perfect. That has been well documented. I think the fans are much worse.

I agree with this 100%. I wish this board offered more along the lines of news and rumors so I wouldn't have a reason to go to the boards you are talking about. I think you guys are a lot better fans. :mickey:

2Epcot
05-27-2011, 07:29 AM
I was at the parks yesterday and just missed The Little Mermaid soft opening. I guess they did it earlier in the day. I got there after 11 and went to Disneyland hoping for a soft opening of Star Tours, but they were shooting some promotional stuff inside the ride, so it wasn't operating. I heard from people I was meeting, who got there earlier in the day, that they were able to ride Mermaid several times in a row. When I went over to DCA it was no longer open. I may try again today.

BrerGnat
06-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Tried to go on Little Mermaid during the AP preview. So did everyone else in Southern CA, it seems. The line was 75 MINUTES LONG! No thank you! :mad: In addition to the AP preview, it was the day of the media event, so there were "winners" present as well, holding special tickets.

I'll wait until there's a reasonable wait to ride. That was just ridiculous. They had ALL of Paradise Park being used as a line! Ugh.

I'm not expecting anything more impressive than Monster's Inc. I think my expectations are reasonable, and I haven't even read any of the negative reviews online. I try to stay away form that sort of unfair bashing. I form my own opinions. ;)

I'll try again this weekend, perhaps.

tinkwest
06-01-2011, 09:14 PM
My DD went on it twice yesterday. First time a 20 minute wait. Second time, 50 minutes. She mentioned that both times the wait signs far exceeded the actually wait. She thought it was really cute.